How do you promote your content ?

HyDraid

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I just want to know how you guys promote your content :')
Maybe I can learn something

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Right now, I'm in full promotion mode right now so I'll breakdown what I did/am doing!

The video is our new Acoustic Acapella and we're doing a song by a band called Brand New. So, first of released the video, let it sit for 30 minutes or so with just a tweet out. About an hour in I've posted it on Brand News subreddit. Instead of writing the generic sort of "Hey check me out!" I wrote "I made a 9 acoustic guitar cover of The Quiet Things, I thought you guys might enjoy :)" that way it comes across way more as sharing content rather than self promotion. That's sitting on 9 upvotes currently which means it'll remain on the front page of their reddit perhaps until tomorrow. I tried posting on the music subreddit since its a rather different kind of video, since it's guitars playing everything, even the drums and vocal lines. That got about 5 views but has been buried already, was worth a shot!

So with that cooking on reddit, I've written one tweet and paid for promotion on it. Its a simple tweet about working hard on it and hope you watch with the thumbnail embedded into the tweet itself. I also wrote another tweet with a video trailer attached and pinned that to our profile page. From there I've gone and followed a bunch of people that like Brand New in hope that they decide to look at our twitter page and bang, its their ready for them. Aside from that I'm just going to be tweeting sometimes with things like "hows everyone enjoying the new track" and so on to try get engagement up!

And thats about it for this video! It's doing good for us so yeah! Hope this helps a bit :)

Selim Keles

Nap King
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
i really dont promote much i just send the videos to a cuppa buddys put it on twitter but that sure as hell doesnt get me anything and put it on yttalk and thats it for me

Reactions: MattyGreen

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
usually i tweet the video, sometimes i will post a video on a relevant subreddit. i will also sometimes post to a google+ community (helps with google searches) sometimes a game forum

mainly i just let SEO do the work

HyDraid

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Right now, I'm in full promotion mode right now so I'll breakdown what I did/am doing!

The video is our new Acoustic Acapella and we're doing a song by a band called Brand New. So, first of released the video, let it sit for 30 minutes or so with just a tweet out. About an hour in I've posted it on Brand News subreddit. Instead of writing the generic sort of "Hey check me out!" I wrote "I made a 9 acoustic guitar cover of The Quiet Things, I thought you guys might enjoy :)" that way it comes across way more as sharing content rather than self promotion. That's sitting on 9 upvotes currently which means it'll remain on the front page of their reddit perhaps until tomorrow. I tried posting on the music subreddit since its a rather different kind of video, since it's guitars playing everything, even the drums and vocal lines. That got about 5 views but has been buried already, was worth a shot!

So with that cooking on reddit, I've written one tweet and paid for promotion on it. Its a simple tweet about working hard on it and hope you watch with the thumbnail embedded into the tweet itself. I also wrote another tweet with a video trailer attached and pinned that to our profile page. From there I've gone and followed a bunch of people that like Brand New in hope that they decide to look at our twitter page and bang, its their ready for them. Aside from that I'm just going to be tweeting sometimes with things like "hows everyone enjoying the new track" and so on to try get engagement up!

And thats about it for this video! It's doing good for us so yeah! Hope this helps a bit :)
Nice :)[DOUBLEPOST=1472316723,1472316572][/DOUBLEPOST]
i really dont promote much i just send the videos to a cuppa buddys put it on twitter but that sure as hell doesnt get me anything and put it on yttalk and thats it for me
Hmm I like to promote a video as much as I can, in Facebook groups, Twitter, Sometimes on instagram.
My point is, wouldn't you grow much faster if you start to promote your video's a little more ?[DOUBLEPOST=1472316799][/DOUBLEPOST]
usually i tweet the video, sometimes i will post a video on a relevant subreddit. i will also sometimes post to a google+ community (helps with google searches) sometimes a game forum

mainly i just let SEO do the work
Hmm that's interesting, and does the SEO does a good job ?

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
SEO is the single most critical element to YT success. Everything else is little bits and pieces hanging off the side. Unless you have a 600T hydraulic press, a $20k slomo camera, a stratospheric balloon in cahoots with Red Bull, or a contagiously extroverted personality.

HyDraid

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
SEO is far more important that any other form of promotion. its what makes your videos rank high in the search results
Yeah that's true, bit it's also hard to get good keywords etc :/[DOUBLEPOST=1472397347,1472397254][/DOUBLEPOST]
SEO is the single most critical element to YT success. Everything else is little bits and pieces hanging off the side. Unless you have a 600T hydraulic press, a $20k slomo camera, a stratospheric balloon in cahoots with Red Bull, or a contagiously extroverted personality.
I agree

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
For promotion, I do this after uploading:
  • Post a link on both my Twitter accounts
  • Post a link on Facebook
  • Post the video on all the YouTube forums I'm allowed to (including here)
  • Put a photo up on Instagram with directions to my channel
  • Post the video on Pinterest
That's pretty much it. I try really hard to get the SEO right, because I think that counts a lot more, given the following (small) I have on all my other social media accounts. I try to do all the promoting in a compacted amount of time so that I'm not spending all my time trying to push a video.

I do need to learn about Reddit, but I am much more of just a reader over there. My fear is that I would jump in and post a video too quickly, and people would think I'm just a spammer, so I haven't even created an account yet.

Reactions: HyDraid