How do you promote on Twitter?

JV Trammell

A Filmmaker/Vlogger attempting to make you laugh.
Reaction score
I have heard that a lot of people promote their videos on twitter. How so? have a twitter account but besides posting the video, what can you do? Thanks for any replies.

JackAttackGame

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't really promote that much on my twitter anymore because it turned people away since all I was talking about was my channel/videos. The best way to promote your channel is to be yourself and find people with hobbies similar to yours. I've meet a lot of great people and creators just by talking with them. I don't use the auto post from youtube to twitter either. Whenever I tweet about my videos I make sure to make it as creative as possible along with any hashtags that have to do with the video.

AnnaGermanGirl

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I use Twitter for promotion. Like JackAttack above me, I mostly focus on making friends and connecting with people who have similar interests. I don't think more than 5% of my tweets are about my channel. The idea is to tweet interesting/entertaining tweets, make friends and then also let them know that you're creating videos. ;)

Reactions: JackAttackGame
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My twitter is combination of my personal thoughts and opinions as well as hastags galore. I don't spam, but I make sure to post related content to what I am talking about with the hashtag. My NFL videos do pretty well because it is well talked about topic on twitter.

JackAttackGame

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My twitter is combination of my personal thoughts and opinions as well as hastags galore. I don't spam, but I make sure to post related content to what I am talking about with the hashtag. My NFL videos do pretty well because it is well talked about topic on twitter.
You hit the nail right on the head, if people see that you're interested in more than just pushing your channel you become more likable. I try to discuss my interests/hobbies as much as I can on twitter, with the promoting taking a back seat.

DPM GAMING

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would focus on hashtags when it comes to promoting on social media. You don't want to be that annoying guy who sends LOOK AT MY CHANNEL tweets at people lol