How do you make a video follow a previous one?

Eljay

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Basically I have a few really successful videos and some, especially the new ones, that hardly get noticed because no one finds them.

Can I make the less successful one automatically follow the successful one each time someone watches the successful one.
I know I can make a playlist but doesn't that only work if someone clicks on my specific playlist? I would like to keep my successful videos separate as individual videos but only have one of MY other videos follow up after the video is over rather than some random videos with similar topics.

For example now a Peanuts video with Snoopy automatically follows up one of my successful videos but instead I would prefer one of my other ones.

DoggoMC

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Hi,
Cards and end screens are two good ways to link your videos together.
Cards can be used to automatically suggest another video to a user whilst they are watching. You can customise these for each individual video or just set it on your Dashboard to automatically feature your latest upload.
End screens are the new annotations, and when used right can be a powerful tool. At the end of your videos, you can add an end screen linking to a video youtube thinks is best for the viewer, or one of your choice.
Hope this helps. :)

Eljay

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Thanks.
I know about annotations etc but I specifically would like to know if there is a way to have an OWN video follow my watched video.
I see some channels have this. If you look at the right hand corner on Youtube there is always the UP NEXT video with the thumbnail of that video. The UP NEXT video usually automatically
starts after the video you're watching is over. My channel has random UP NEXT videos from other channels while certain channels only have THEIR videos UP NEXT after you watch
one of their videos.
That's what I'm trying to do.

DoggoMC

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
It depends on what you have the videos tagged as. Try to link all the videos together with the same tags, and it might have a higher chance of appearing. I'm not sure on this because I have never done it but it wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

Eljay

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I tried that but it doesn't work. My guess is that Youtube decides what video is UP NEXT and you can't really do anything.

DoggoMC

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Yeah, I think it's just a case of they'll choose what they think the viewer will enjoy based on a ton of different stats and algorithms.