How do you make a good video game trailer?

Matt Edwards

I've Got It
Reaction score
So I've recently found a new indie game which is relitively small for now. I would love to eventaully create a trailer for Dungeon Dashers (That's the name of the game), but what would I need to do to make it look good?

ItsTehShadow

YTtalk's Purple Enthusiast!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Well what would make me watch a trailer would be:
  • Good, appropriate tempo music that fits with the video
  • Good quality shots, showing some of the best things about the game
  • Some small lines of text to provide a story maybe (not to much though just a line each time)
  • Keep it short but sweet you need to attract people to the game as soon as they first see it

Matt Edwards

I've Got It
Reaction score
Well what would make me watch a trailer would be:
  • Good, appropriate tempo music that fits with the video
  • Good quality shots, showing some of the best things about the game
  • Some small lines of text to provide a story maybe (not to much though just a line each time)
  • Keep it short but sweet you need to attract people to the game as soon as they first see it
Absoloutly perfect advice! Thank you very much!

Shoninyastube

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
how did you make that? just text, screenshot and music? or do you have an programm for that?

ItsTehShadow

Reaction score
Channel Type
how did you make that? just text, screenshot and music? or do you have an programm for that?
If your talking to me make what? With the OP, he didn't make the game he just wants to advertise it a bit :)

Matt Edwards

I've Got It
Reaction score
If you mean how did I create the game, i'm afraid I did not make it :p but I was given a free copy so i want to do my best to advertise a really good game! So i want to try make a trailer for it, first though I'll do a play through and think how best to emphasize the aspects of the game!

Matt Edwards

I've Got It
Reaction score
So I've uploaded the first playthrough part, perhapes it would help if you saw some unedited footage of the game to determine whether or not a trailer would be easy to create or not.

ItsTehShadow

Reaction score
Channel Type
So I've uploaded the first playthrough part, perhapes it would help if you saw some unedited footage of the game to determine whether or not a trailer would be easy to create or not.
It should be possible, just choose some of the scenes with the more interesting battle sections and show some of what the games about :)

Shewquet

Youtuber who loves to edit
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
sounds good i would like to see it when your done i love making videos and editing them

Matt Edwards

I've Got It
Reaction score
sounds good i would like to see it when your done i love making videos and editing them
As much as the playthrough hasn't really got viewed, I still will finish it. 1 more video until the let's play so far is done, after that I got to wait for the next build. So I can start working on a trailer after that, just struggling to find the music to be honest.