How do you guys find the time.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Lunch break and train commute. That’s all I got. Many are amazed I can put out what I do with just that

DonHazeon

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
As a lot of you out there! i work 6 days a week for around 8-10 hours a day!

now i dont know what type of schedule you have for your channel! but for me with 2 videos a week, i work to it after my daily job. i tend to get my recording done in one day (3-4 hours after work plus some editing) and use the rest of the time i have to finish the editing. Now this might have screwed up my social life a bit, but if you love doing it. its worth it.

as the time passes you will find it a lot easier to do and probably get faster in it.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I tend to do wait untile the weekends or an evening in the week after my wife and children have gone to bed and then I jump onto my laptop.

Reactions: AllofTheAbove

Jakes Aquatic Addiction

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i tend to record in advance and record often and make the videos when im free :D if im not free ill upload a video from my phone as a quick little thing just so iv still got my content going in, i like post daily or every other day if i can

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do all the nitty gritty “ small“ things(talk to the community, posting on social media) on my comute to and from work and in my lunch break. I hardly watch any tv anymore and I film on the weekend (planned and scheduled) i film a month a head giving enough time to edit. Ive pretty much planned all my video multiple months before hand. I dont focus to much on the numbers so as not to be dissappointed and thats why I still enjoy it and like putting in the work :)

Reactions: AllofTheAbove

AllofTheAbove

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
The thing that's worked out for me so far, is setting aside time specifically for recording and for editing. But I separate the two.
I'm a huge planner and literally record every 'to do' in a fancy planner I got for myself. It helps me manage my 'free time' and keep me from feeling overwhelmed. So I book periods of time to records and then periods of time for editing.
I've also started just taking my camera with me wherever I go. Juuuuust in case something happens that's noteworthy and could be changed into a video.
Just to piggyback off this, I stay most organized in my computer and other devices, so I found blog planners on pinterest, went into libreoffice (cuz i don't have word), tweaked them to my liking, and used them to make schedules for recording and uploading, a document for my description box (it's helped me get way closer to the 5,000 char max (I used to only reach, like, 160, I was bad at descriptions)), planned around my most empty days (or times of days) and just bought a small "emergency /backup" travel digicam bc my older one is huge and heavy, and I don't want to just film in my room all the time anymore. Which reminds me, I need to buy a new Webcam since my old one died on me.

Now, I just don't make any excuse. Forgot to mention I downloaded a calendar app (separate from the native icalendar bc I don't want to clog that one up, I'll never check it if I do...and I don't mess with that one for more than family birthdays, anyway), where I log which days I'm supposed to shoot and/or edit +upload (I keep those days separate so I don't overwhelm myself). The only thing I'll move around is which type of video I'll shoot depending on my available sunlight, since that's mostly what I get to work with where I live.

No use filming a makeup look if no one can see it, so then I'll probably just do a stoytime or trevor, but it stays pretty dark / cloudy around here, I won't be able to not shoot all winter if I care about my channel (oc, I do, otherwise I wouldn't be doing the most with this post rn).

I hope any of that can help you. I understand it's far more of a challenge for you, working 50 hours a week, this is just what helps me stay on track. I've only recently implemented these methods but they're working like a charm.

I'll need to be more diligent come vlogmas, though. I won't be able to just set aside a day to edit :/ hth?

Simon's Lair

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I feel your pain. I purchase props/materials, build a miniature set, film, edit, and voice over every week while working a full time job. And the worst part is, I can only film my reptile buddies from 7:30am - 7:30pm because they fall asleep. I usually keep my sanity by keeping a consistent schedule:

Monday/Tuesday:
Make list of props/materials for next weeks episode, buy props/materials.

Wednesday:
Script editing

Thursday:
Set Building

Friday:
Set Building/Filming

Saturday:
Filming/Editing

Sunday:
Final Edits/Compression/Post This Weeks Video/Script Writing

I'm struggling only doing one episode a week but it definitely helps to have a consistent schedule. If I do any social media work, I try and do it on lunch at work or late at night every day.

Reactions: CrashCraze

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I working on my videos at night when kids sleeping.