How do you guys film? Do you DIY or have a cameraman?

How do you film?

• Total voters

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Hello everyone! I'm wondering how you guys film, I get how for gaming videos it's pretty obvious but still feel free to explain our set up as I find it interesting :)
Anyway, for those of you who do cooking, beauty, stories and especially fashion and lookbooks. Do you have a camera person or do you film yourself with a tripod?
For those who do look books, I find it so hard to film by myself because one I'm so shy and nervous to go out of my house to film somewhere prettier but I don't have anyone to film for me so I'm stuck :( lol
Explain your set up and how you do it and share ideas!! :D

I literally stick my camera on a tripod, open my windows, point my lamp at a white piece of paper off to the side and hope for the best haha

I film myself the majority of the time, or if I'm out and about with a friend, because I do mainly travel and adventure videos, I sometimes get them to film me if I'm somewhere awesome!

This is also me, except for the piece of paper. Dang I should try that.
The Paper honestly works miracles! It helps distill the light on your face, and mine is like that weird multi bulb one so I point the white light at the paper and the rest of the lights behind me to give me some contrast to the background. $20 lighting : )

The Paper honestly works miracles! It helps distill the light on your face, and mine is like that weird multi bulb one so I point the white light at the paper and the rest of the lights behind me to give me some contrast to the background. $20 lighting : )

Well... my lighting is 100% au naturel... aka Mr.Sun provides me with some really cool lighting. It might be a little extreme at some times since I can't really change the settings mid recording so yeahhhhh, but for now it's fine haha!

I place my camera on my desk, which is perfectly angled and the height is perfect. I also place it on my dresser and on my bed, since right now I don't currently have a tripod. I've been trying to improve my lighting.

I put my camera on a tripod. The only light I have is the sunlight. I don't really have any light that I could use to upgrade the quality of my video. which kind of sucks.

Back