How do you guys feel about adobe editing software?

Worldofpossible

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am currently using after effects, audacity and adobe audition for my editing. Previously, I had been using Windows Movie Maker, but my content has since move on to make better content and I enjoy trying out editing that is unique. The programs have allow me to build my own logo. The only trouble is the after effects can be glitchy with the audio and evening though you may not have save it, it will remove the audio until you replace it with copy of the audio. Very annoying but I have worked around it.

What about you guys? What are you currently using and if not adobe, then what and why?

Reactions: BlockyLive

TheMix

I've Got It
Reaction score
Sony vegas pro is what our channel uses. It is a very great program and I reccomend you use it! You will not be dissapointed

Worldofpossible

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sony vegas pro is what our channel uses. It is a very great program and I reccomend you use it! You will not be dissapointed
I will have a look. I heard that a lot of other youtubers use this program. So far those, the best for audio is Audition. Perfectly remove any white noise from audio recordings. Audacity just better for cutting afterwards.

AlexGotBeats

Blessed & Cursed
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I have the whole adobe suite. Love it.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
After effects is more for vfx and compositing rather than video editing. For better timeline manage you should be exporting composited videos out of after effects into an editing program like Premiere or sony vagas.

I use Premiere pro since it comes with the adobe suite, it's very good if you are also doing a lot of work in after effects as you can link them in the timeline and it will update the clip automatically for you.

Kamisaa

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The Adobe suite will always be the choice for me to go to. Sure sony vegas is nice, but i think premiere is leaps and bounds ahead of sony vegas, it has a steeper learning curve and there's way more in terms of things you can do in comparison to sony vegas. Because we use a majority of adobe products anyways (photoshop, after effects), there's no point in using a different brand when you can't even link/import those files with ease.

Reactions: Worldofpossible

HyDraid

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I am currently using after effects, audacity and adobe audition for my editing. Previously, I had been using Windows Movie Maker, but my content has since move on to make better content and I enjoy trying out editing that is unique. The programs have allow me to build my own logo. The only trouble is the after effects can be glitchy with the audio and evening though you may not have save it, it will remove the audio until you replace it with copy of the audio. Very annoying but I have worked around it.

What about you guys? What are you currently using and if not adobe, then what and why?
After Effecs isn't really a Video editing software :S , it's more for special effects or something so I would recommend you : Adobe Premiere pro CC
That's a Video editing software from Adobe and it looks a little like after effects but it's based for video's. So other effects, rendering settings, easier to cut / copy / paste / drag things / ...

Worldofpossible

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
After Effecs isn't really a Video editing software :S , it's more for special effects or something so I would recommend you : Adobe Premiere pro CC
That's a Video editing software from Adobe and it looks a little like after effects but it's based for video's. So other effects, rendering settings, easier to cut / copy / paste / drag things / ...
Actually, a lot of vids use special effects, including but not limited too, green screen effects. Which is what I use it, only trouble is that audio will sometimes auto mute and it can't be fixed until replace the audio and re sync manually (Probably fundamental flaw in how it saves the projects and clips). I have the program however after effects allows me to do just little extra. Not sure about Sony vega yet but probably might have to just stick to after effects and its bugs.[DOUBLEPOST=1469992399,1469992194][/DOUBLEPOST]
After effects is more for vfx and compositing rather than video editing. For better timeline manage you should be exporting composited videos out of after effects into an editing program like Premiere or sony vagas.

I use Premiere pro since it comes with the adobe suite, it's very good if you are also doing a lot of work in after effects as you can link them in the timeline and it will update the clip automatically for you.
I am not sure how export to premiere properly. I have tried that but when it exports, it doesn't keep only my positioning, which is important depending on the clip and effects used. How would one manage to overcome this? Any help would be appreciated.[DOUBLEPOST=1469992584][/DOUBLEPOST]
The Adobe suite will always be the choice for me to go to. Sure sony vegas is nice, but i think premiere is leaps and bounds ahead of sony vegas, it has a steeper learning curve and there's way more in terms of things you can do in comparison to sony vegas. Because we use a majority of adobe products anyways (photoshop, after effects), there's no point in using a different brand when you can't even link/import those files with ease.
I can agreed with that, it can be annoying to learn where some basic functions are though. When I had to learn make custom thumbnails, I had a hell of a time finding where move pasted image was. Still I can appreciate it application when you finally learn everything. The only program I still use is audacity, for cuting on the timeline, audition just looks awful for that kind of simple editing.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I usually render out of after effects as a quicktime or an avi. If it is not rendering properly than check that your after effects comp settings are correct and matching the sequence settings in your premiere timeline.

Worldofpossible

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I usually render out of after effects as a quicktime or an avi. If it is not rendering properly than check that your after effects comp settings are correct and matching the sequence settings in your premiere timeline.
I tried the render function within before but a had lot of trouble with it when I first started using after effects. Typically, I would only use render if the lossless assets for another project. Anyway, Preimere problem is that when I export to it, nothing appears on the timeline. Instead everything is transfer to the project list but that it. I could done that myself. No idea why this keeps happening. I distinctly remember this working properly before, but that was when I using the mac OS as opposed to bootcamp. (MAC OS just don't support some of the software I use for streaming and etc)