How Do You Get People To Watch Your Videos?

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey everyone! It's me again! :wavespin:

I am just wondering how people get others to watch their videos, obviously creating great content works wonders, but once you upload it, how do you promote it to others?
Do you guys share it on your facebook for friends to see?
Twitter, tumblr or like me do you just hope for the best when its uploaded with tags and stuff

This is more directed to those who don't have many subscribers, as I have noticed some smaller youtubers then even me, can get up to 50-60 views in the first day of uploading, and the most I can get in my first day is 20 and then it seems to stop to maybe 1 a day or something (I have 747 subscribers as well which makes it even more strange) so I am wondering how exactly you guys manage to do it!
I admit I don't promote on facebook at all, (feel a bit funny about family and certain facebook friends seeing my videos) and I don't have a facebook page as of yet.
My videos autopost to twitter and google plus when they upload, and i have made them public (I make them private until it's completely annotated and ready to go up)
I seem to be losing more subs then gaining and only getting 20 views on one day then that be it can be really disheartening and upsetting sometimes so I am looking for more ways to improve, and so many people on here are doing so well!

Most of the time I just rely on the tags, the title and thumbnail and the number of subs I have to get views
So I would love to hear how you guys get so many views in such a little time would be a great help to me, and also how some of you seem to gain so many subs in such little time too.

:help:

Thankyou for reading!

Python Blue

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Actually, you have better stats than me; I'm very lucky to exceed 10 views other than my own on the first day of a video uploaded.

Anyway, to answer your main question, I do share on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and even a few other sites, but bearing that in mind, the best I can do is hope my video takes off, which is very rare.

Reactions: ItsBecky

FuzzyTV

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
At first glance I would say your branding may be an issue for gaining more potentional subs and views.

ItsBecky

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
At first glance I would say your branding may be an issue for gaining more potentional subs and views.
what do you mean my branding?

FuzzyTV

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Your look on YouTube: colour scheme, motto, stuff like that. For the sake of demonstration, take a look at my channel. It's mainly orange. Orange header, thumbnails, everything! It adds credibility.[DOUBLEPOST=1440702241,1440702135][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just wrote that and realised you said "my" not "by"

ItsBecky

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Your look on YouTube: colour scheme, motto, stuff like that. For the sake of demonstration, take a look at my channel. It's mainly orange. Orange header, thumbnails, everything! It adds credibility.
I see what you mean but I don't see why you have to have a specific brand, my youtube is a random channel, its not really a business and I don't do the same kind of videos every week, so I don't really need a brand, surely a brand is more for those who have a business or a specific theme, I have seen quite a few famous youtubers who don't really have a brand, i do see what you mean by the same kinda thumbnails but surely if someone videos are really good and they enjoy them, they would think oh i won't subscribe to her her colour scheme is all wrong, it sounds a bit silly really in my opinion, not subscribing to someone because of that. Thankyou for the comment though, I just don't see any way to specifically brand my channel.

FuzzyTV

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A lot of factors go into people watching content, design is only one part :D

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hey everyone! It's me again! :wavespin:

I am just wondering how people get others to watch their videos, obviously creating great content works wonders, but once you upload it, how do you promote it to others?
Do you guys share it on your facebook for friends to see?
Twitter, tumblr or like me do you just hope for the best when its uploaded with tags and stuff

This is more directed to those who don't have many subscribers, as I have noticed some smaller youtubers then even me, can get up to 50-60 views in the first day of uploading, and the most I can get in my first day is 20 and then it seems to stop to maybe 1 a day or something (I have 747 subscribers as well which makes it even more strange) so I am wondering how exactly you guys manage to do it!
I admit I don't promote on facebook at all, (feel a bit funny about family and certain facebook friends seeing my videos) and I don't have a facebook page as of yet.
My videos autopost to twitter and google plus when they upload, and i have made them public (I make them private until it's completely annotated and ready to go up)
I seem to be losing more subs then gaining and only getting 20 views on one day then that be it can be really disheartening and upsetting sometimes so I am looking for more ways to improve, and so many people on here are doing so well!

Most of the time I just rely on the tags, the title and thumbnail and the number of subs I have to get views
So I would love to hear how you guys get so many views in such a little time would be a great help to me, and also how some of you seem to gain so many subs in such little time too.

:help:

Thankyou for reading!
I do a lot of strategy posts... Look up some of my old stuff in here. I have under 800 subs but still manage to get decent views on certain videos. The one I made public yesterday has 50 views and I haven't even went way too deep into promoting it yet.

ItsBecky

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
A lot of factors go into people watching content, design is only one part :D
My other excuse is I am terrible at designing anything on a computer, my banner i made myself and i really struggled to even make that and make it look even slightly nice :( I also struggle to make creative thumbnails I always try and add the same border around the thumbnail but sometimes it may be a different colour for example, Obviously this is also about people who find your videos without specificially looking at your channel first. I am just amazed at the amount of views some people can get, in a couple of days