How do you get over the embarrassment of filming in public?

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
I’d really love to film in public because I feel it would really help my channel. The only downside to this is I feel really weird about doing it. Is there anyway to get over this or to get around it or do I need to just keep filming in public to get used to it? I’m from a small town in Oregon so it’s not like people are accustomed to seeing people walking around talking to a camera.

"embarrassment" ?
"feel really weird" ??
" it’s not like people are accustomed to seeing people" ???

take it for granted, no-one cares.
focus on your purpose and you will see that you will not care on others opinion or glances either.
(...as long as you do not follow, focus, talk, disturb other people in the middle of the street...)

:)
:p

Hiya!

if you have some friends with you while you do it you feel more comfortable doing stuff that too other people may seem weird or strange! Just ignore them which I know is easier said then done but if you look at it this way, you are doing what YOU enjoy, people may judge you or think you are strange but just think, "I'm doing what I enjoy"

Good luck!​

Hi Brett. I saw a youtube video of Erica Griffin (tech reviewer) recently where she turfed in her moby for the day and substituted with an ipad. She walked about in public filming herself and surrounding with an big iPad which you might think odd but nobody batted an eyelid. We are kinda desensitised nowadays.. nobody will even see or hear you. Point an camera at yourself and become a ghost in seconds.

I'm feeling the same way and I don't even talk to the camera.
I'm getting used to it, when i'm on a trip or something and do it everyday, but when I start again like 3 weeks after that trip, I need to get used to it again somehow. Just to realize for the 27th time that people don't care as much as I think they do.

So I agree with Johnjackallen and know that's right but can't internalize it a 100% myself :D

I’m doing my best to get over it as well. The more I do it the better it gets, but I feel like most of the “embarrassment” or “awkwardness” is just in my head. I just constantly think about my end goal and it keeps me going. I’m trying to get to the point where my personality will shine the most in my videos so I can create better content for my audience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back