How do you get it done?

AlexGotBeats

Blessed & Cursed
Hey so i'm really curious about how do you get permission or license to cover a song and upload it and monetize it and everything? Do all those people really contact like record labels and stuff? I'm so confused about this. How do all those youtube musicians are allowed to do it? I really have an urge to produce and record a cover of one song but i know its not allowed to just do it and upload. Youtube will just claim the copy rights and take it down and maybe even give me a strike idk.

If anyone here knows a legit answer and is smart about this please explain me because i'm clueless. I remember reading about Fullscreen and Maker networks having licenses for youtubers to let them cover songs but even about that i'm unsure if thats true and what if you're just with adsense?

A lot of creators just take their chance and often get away with the cover revenue share option but that's not safe as the copyright holder may decide to deal strikes at any time if you don't have a license agreement.

A lot of creators just take their chance and often get away with the cover revenue share option but that's not safe as the copyright holder may decide to deal strikes at any time if you don't have a license agreement.
Yes but thats the thing theres plenty of famous youtube musicians who make covers its not like youtube isn't aware of them like Tyler Ward or Megan Nicole or Alex Goot theres plenty. And i'm curious how are they allowed to do it and even sell their covers on itunes. Do you partner with certain networks and e-mail them about wanting a license to cover a certain song or what?

I am partnered with freedom and they have a wide variety of music you can use from their library and it is quite easy to get into so u should check them out

Back