How do you feel about recording when sick?

MrWhiskers

FreakStyle Gaming
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Right now I'm currently sick, and I haven't been able to record anything not because of the sickness just because I personally refuse to record while I'm sick because I know my content won't be as good if I do this because I will sound tired and coughing, etc. So with all that being said I upload gaming videos once per week every Tuesday at 3 pm EST and now I'm worried about not having a video for that day because of me being sick.

So what do you guys do or feel about recording & uploaded during your time of sickness? Do you record anyways or do you wait out your sickness like I'm doing?

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
It honestly depends.

My channel is a team so if 1 member is too ill to record the other 2 can work it out and do a video.

However if im way to sick to organise a video or work something out to record i just wont and try to find something i have in backlog as filler but that is if im far to sick to record like the point where i cant speak without coughing or i just cant do comedy.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
ive recorded whilst sick. i didnt see it as an issue.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Be honest with the viewers and tell them that you are sick! I have made a video being sick and explained what I do to get better!

YAOG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Do you record anyways or do you wait out your sickness like I'm doing?
If you have a set schedule ("uploads every monday and thursday", e.g.) then I would upload every time you're scheduled to, even if it's just a short video explaining that you won't be uploading again until next week because you're sick. If you have a more flexible/loose schedule than I'd just wait a couple days until you're feeling better. Feel better, bro.

MrWhiskers

FreakStyle Gaming
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Like I said before, I do have a set schedule so what I'll probably do is make a real quick & short video stating what's going on and things should be back to normal for next week's video.

Thanks, for the feedback everyone.

Sibernethy

Questin' for a Jestin'
Reaction score
Website
www.sibernethy.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Markiplier once managed to make it work by turning it into part of the comedy on one of his videos. He did a video on a horror game called Courage and despite the fact he was sick, it was one of his funniest videos!

TimberwolfMKIII

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah if I was sick I would definitely be up front about it in the video. Even if recovering I would say it. That being said, if you are super ill, like the should not be out of bed kind of sick. Definitely take the time off and recover. Your health comes first. Post on social media like twitter you are sick and recovering. Sub's/fans will be understanding and wish you rest and recovery.

Fox Beat

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Right now I'm currently sick, and I haven't been able to record anything not because of the sickness just because I personally refuse to record while I'm sick because I know my content won't be as good if I do this because I will sound tired and coughing, etc. So with all that being said I upload gaming videos once per week every Tuesday at 3 pm EST and now I'm worried about not having a video for that day because of me being sick.

So what do you guys do or feel about recording & uploaded during your time of sickness? Do you record anyways or do you wait out your sickness like I'm doing?
I prefer to wait out my sickness, the video quality is my main priority. Just let ur subs/followers know about ur condition why you don't made a new vids yet... [emoji847]

dech

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Like I said before, I do have a set schedule so what I'll probably do is make a real quick & short video stating what's going on and things should be back to normal for next week's video.

Thanks, for the feedback everyone.
Thats the good move, just communicate with everyone