How do you edit?

Loud Spy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'll collect the footage with plenty of ideas in mind, but I'll only work on producing one video at a time.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the video editing/recording discussion forum. ^^

PopsLetsPlay

UBER Gamer
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I also record and edit videos one at a time. I am still small though. With that being said, i would most definatly record and edit atleast 2. 1 for the daily and another for a backup just in-case. schedule is very important when you got people on stand-by waiting

JayPlaysOfficial

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
i like to record 2-3 videos a day and edit them on a night time, my videos are scheduled for 4pm UK time every day and sundays videos are up at 12pm midday, when my video goes up at 4pm, thats when i can focus on editing my next video and spend maybe 45-60 mins on my new thumbnail :D

JoycelynsLife

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm the kind of person who can go out, vlog/shoot and come back in the evening to sit and edit.

Once, I went out with my friends and I had 3 videos I can produce from that day. Depending on my mood and stuff, I can edit them at one go, with short breaks here and there. But because I render often, export and upload, that's when some of my breaks happen.

However, if it's a long period shoot, for eg. I went to Taiwan for 5 days and also Vietnam for 2 weeks and I blogged everyday. I know that I want the upload schedule to be daily, so I would edit one day's content and upload it, day by day.

RadicalFyrus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I record alot of footage, usually enough for 3-4 videos (1 hour of gameplay footage = 7-10 minute video for the style of content I make).

ThisisJericho

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I first back up all my photos and videos into an external hard drive because I have made the mistake of losing all my footage lost after editing it straight to the software. Then I edit as much as my fatigue kicks in. Then take a break and watch videos for inspiration! So... one at a time most days

Heather White

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Personally, I film with my iPhone and I have limited space/memory, so I like to edit one video at a time. Sometimes if I have space to film more content, I batch videos and then edit after I filmed 2-3 videos. This is a great tactic for time-saving, getting more content out in a short amount of time. And if you liked a scene from a particular video, you could edit the scene to be a part of a different video.