How do you earn money through Montization?

chloeemarshall

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i have monitized a few of my videos and was wondering how it makes money like is it by views or if people click the adds i was just curious?

Jon Brooks

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
The majority of the revenue generated usually comes from clicks on the ads or someone watching a True-View/In Stream ad etc. However, i do believe that a small, tiny percentage is generated from generic views where you have ads shown.

Jon Brooks

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
ok thank you :)
You're welcome. ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1346579641,1346579509][/DOUBLEPOST]
ok thank you :)
BTW: Don't click on the ads yourself or ask friends and family to click on them. YouTube/Adsense will track these as invalid clicks and would probably disable your account. (Just make sure the clicks are legitimate).

kidb

Reaction score
i think its by views in ads but ive heard plenty of pp complain about not getting paid using adsense just go on google in type in youtube adsense scam in your see what im talking about

Jon Brooks

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
i think its by views in ads but ive heard plenty of pp complain about not getting paid using adsense just go on google in type in youtube adsense scam in your see what im talking about
It's not a scam! If you follow the Terms of Service and don't breach it - then they pay you.

ViciousCritic

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
It's not a scam, but the minimum payout is $100, which generally takes 10s of 1000s of views.