How do you come up with your video ideas?

GamePointz

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Since im a gaming video creator, a Dota 2 gaming video creator mostly, I look for trends in what heroes are popular at present, what changes in the game are relevant, what the viewers request, any awesome gameplays I come across. I also look at the analytics to determine what videos of mine are doing well and I decide on doing a follow up to that particular video if it is relevant.

CarlosDominguez

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Okay I am somewhat new to gaming but I also like to put some variety though to my content as well I don't know if that will hurt my channel or help it.

JimMacLeod

Reaction score
I'm usually focused on making videos for marketing. So I start with a need, and then if a video is the right solution, I'll start working on the story idea.

From there I'll work with people who are really good at this stuff to help craft the story. The idea comes out of that process.

Vedstedsen

Globus Travellus
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am / was methodical and not creative in coming up with videos.

Go film as many relevant locations in a holiday destination so that they can be compiled into TOP 10 lists or Holiday guides + single area videos.
Problem is time, corona and general inconvenience.

Lost Paradise

Reaction score
What do u guys do to come up with ideas? what stages do you pass through? how long? E.T.C...

For me Most of my ideas come from when i am sleeping and when im watching other vids. I Write them up in a word document and when i need ideas i just look through it and pick out the ones i need/want.
I just think of a video as if its a story, think about the message you want to get accross to people or the journey you want to take then incorporate the right kind of visuals and clips you want to make it more appealing to the audience. On my new channel i have taken this new approach and its certainly more better in retention and encourages people to subscribe for more content. Heres my latest video if youre interested

Hope this helps.

Lost Paradise

Lost Paradise

Reaction score
I just think of a video as if its a story, think about the message you want to get accross to people or the journey you want to take then incorporate the right kind of visuals and clips you want to make it more appealing to the audience. On my new channel i have taken this new approach and its certainly more better in retention and encourages people to subscribe for more content. Heres my latest video if youre interested

Hope this helps,

Lost Paradise

Lost Paradise

Reaction score
Ideas just come to me throughout the day. Sometimes I can think of an idea for a video on the spot and develop it further and others might take longer and need some more planning. I've always been pretty good at improvisation and I'm very creative and imaginative so coming up with ideas isn't a very big problem. Trying to show it in the video is the difficult bit
I agree with that, i am now looking to push more creative boundries at the moment, i have always been creative in many arts but videopgraphy is hard when displaying your imagination

untemos

Reaction score
I have a lot of ideas, but only so much time to work on them. Usually search forums for questions in niche

Reactions: CarlosDominguez

the real potat

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Channel Type
Commentator
What do u guys do to come up with ideas? what stages do you pass through? how long? E.T.C...

For me Most of my ideas come from when i am sleeping and when im watching other vids. I Write them up in a word document and when i need ideas i just look through it and pick out the ones i need/want.
I go to the Trending page on youtube, and start from there. Sometimes the answer is right there, sometimes I go down the rabbit hole *from* the Trending page, and find my answer.