How do you come up with your video ideas?

FireShock

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
For YT videos, I usually try to plan out serval videos far in advance. I like to do different types of videos. I get a word document out and start to research different such new movies or games that have just come out, older ones and from there start thinking about what videos I can make around that subject.

aliceromy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
so many places - other Youtubers, Pinterest, Twitter, Reddit, Tumblr, films, email newletters, Instagram, magazines, blogs. i keep and organise them all in Trello.

Kwantabile

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
To come up with ideas, I either listen to chill/lo-fi music (music that doesn't require concentration (ex: songs with meaningful lyrics), nor is too loud) or I don't listen to anything and I drink tea while spacing out/staring at the ceiling.

But sometimes, ideas come spontaneously, that's why I always have my mp3 with me, so that I can write them down (even if they look crazy or stupid, I just write everything down since I don't know what can be useful or not).

Basically, I list all of my ideas/all of the topics I'm interested in or want to talk about, then, I sort them out by theme.

And then, I choose one or more themes (as long as they go with each other) and I start writing my script/storyboard.

Citadel politics

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter
To come up with ideas, I either listen to chill/lo-fi music (music that doesn't require concentration (ex: songs with meaningful lyrics), nor is too loud) or I don't listen to anything and I drink tea while spacing out/staring at the ceiling.

But sometimes, ideas come spontaneously, that's why I always have my mp3 with me, so that I can write them down (even if they look crazy or stupid, I just write everything down since I don't know what can be useful or not).

Basically, I list all of my ideas/all of the topics I'm interested in or want to talk about, then, I sort them out by theme.

And then, I choose one or more themes (as long as they go with each other) and I start writing my script/storyboard.
What kind of videos do you make

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

tahlia

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i get almost all of my ideas spontaneously. they're usually somehow related to what i'm doing at the time, but 10x dumber & hopefully more entertaining lmao
i have like 3 notepads full of ideas/outlines for videos because i keep trying to organise them but after a few weeks i get them royally messed them up again & move on to another notepad in an attempt to organise them again

Kwantabile

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
No, it's not me.

My first video is in my signature.

Civilly Barbaric

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What do u guys do to come up with ideas? what stages do you pass through? how long? E.T.C...

For me Most of my ideas come from when i am sleeping and when im watching other vids. I Write them up in a word document and when i need ideas i just look through it and pick out the ones i need/want.
From watching YouTube , then write it down, then make video about it, revise the video about two to four times until I don't hate it as much as it started and lastly rinse and repeat. If you have trouble with Ideas feel free to plagiarize, remember the more people you copy the more original you become :)