How do you come up with your video ideas?

Factoid City

Reaction score
I do a lot of reading in books and on quirky websites and occasionally from stories people tell me :)

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
On a weekly basis I play it by ear as to what film I talk about; but if for whatever reason im drawing a blank I regularly visit flea markets and charity shops looking for old VHS tapes and DVDs to snap up. At the moment I have 2 bags literally FULL of films to talk about (And thats before I get onto the films in my actual DVD/Bluray collection I'd like to talk about) I mean; I have 3 boxsets that have enough films in them to fill up just about 3 years worth of content unto themselves xD

As for new ideas for shows, I let them come to me these days rather than actively straining for an idea...I have 3 show Ideas I'd like to get rolling at some point in the future but Im waiting till I pick up a little bit more traction with Views/Subs before I start working on developing them because 2 of the 3 are quite labour heavy on editing and setting up and thats not to mention the budget! I just wouldnt get a good enough return on the investment at this stage...but hey! thats for days to come! :)

Boki

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I simply listen people around me. :)
I have a Google Doc ony my smartphone shortcuts, and I jot down all the ideas I have.
As the script unfolds for some subject matter, I write that down too.
At the moment, I'm overwhelmed with ideas... I think I have material for two years, minimum.

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Good question. I get my ideas just going throughout my day/during class or right before I go to sleep. I do the same word doc thing though. Usually I'll make a list and brainstorm more into each one from there.

Nova Kids

Reaction score
I have a notebook and whenever I see or read or watch anything that inspires me I jot it down and mull on to expand later.

Shandor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
They just pop into my mind when not thinking about it, and if not... I turn up some motivational music, grab myself a whiteboard marker and start brainstorming. :)

YouTube4x4

I've Got It
Reaction score
As somebody who recently started a Tech channel I am focusing my videos around products that I buy and enjoy for personal use, I also had a company send me a product to review for the first time. So that's where my ideas start. I think the most important thing to create content and ideas that you identify with.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Citadel politics

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter
I don't have the time to make any original content but I love watching movies and listening music so I need help on what I can create from any of the following hobbies without getting any strike.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Annie's Vegan Journey

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i make food videos, i get inspired by what ever i feel like eating at the time lol or i get inspired by seeing other peoples meals or recipe ideas! :D

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Once we know where we are going to shoot, we research the location (history, important details) and we incorporate those facts into the video while we are filming. We have no set script per say, which may be a horrible strategy since we forget a few details about what we are shooting.