How do you come up with your video ideas?

Chloe

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It's not that hard when you're a gamer. You record the games you play, basicly. :D Lol!
Hey Pearl how do you do that without it being Copyright?:)

Pearl

Sleepyhead~
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Hey Pearl how do you do that without it being Copyright?:)
I usually play non-copyrighted games, but if they are.. I dont really care. :p
This does not mean I recommend people to not care. :p

Reactions: Cherry Rammer

Adam Bell

ManWolf
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
just pops into my or my friends head and we giv it a go, if we think it sucks we wont upload t lol, but i'm going to start uploading some of the stuff i dont like, everything i like gets s**t views, and the stuff which is crap gets way more:/

Benjamin

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
just pops into my or my friends head and we giv it a go, if we think it sucks we wont upload t lol, but i'm going to start uploading some of the stuff i dont like, everything i like gets s**t views, and the stuff which is crap gets way more:/
LOL! Maybe the "crap" is better than you think. ;)

inkeater

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Commentator, Designer
What do u guys do to come up with ideas? what stages do you pass through? how long? E.T.C...

For me Most of my ideas come from when i am sleeping and when im watching other vids. I Write them up in a word document and when i need ideas i just look through it and pick out the ones i need/want.
My process is kinda similar to yours except...Evernote & carrying sketchbooks in my bag are my BFF's! I don't know about anyone else, but trying to keep all those ideas in my head and hoping I don't lose an idea is sheer madness and kinda makes me go insane.

And sometimes the words or the way something was said is so crucial to the humor in my case...and when I try to remember it...it's never as funny as the day I thought it. So, I have several different styles of coming up with an idea: sometimes it comes from one word, a conversation I overheard, a sentence, a lyric from a song...or just something that really happened to me and I just keep these ideas written down in these two places depending on what's handy at the time. So, when I'm looking for an idea, it's like I'm going to the big book of ideas when I'm stumped.

TechShark

Reaction score
I am a gamer, and I personally have always found it easier just to speak, let my brain fix "entertaining" (maybe) words into the mic. I rarely plan. I plan what games I should play, if I should release the story or don't release spoilers, etc. It's the same with my writing. I just, um... fine, I'll say it. Go with the flow.

Reactions: inkeater

VenomRaptor

What?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer
Since all I do is comment on games and review things, it's not really much to come up with. I just brainstorm a tiny bit before I start recording, and occasionally throughout the day I might think of something clever to say next time I record something.

Cherry Rammer

Lord of Cherry Manor
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
As a comedian or try to be one anyway. I take stuff from my everyday life and the news and compile it into a video!

I actually find my ideas are like an olympic swimming pool. Nice to look at but there really is no movement. However when I talk with friends and the community, my ideas turn into a river and flow out like the majestic unicorn it is!..... Wow that derailed fast.

To summarize, I have an original idea in my head and I talk about it with others and it grows into something from that.

Reactions: inkeater

tsubasa28

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My ideas usually just come throughout the day and can pop out of nowhere. E.g., I could be angry at work because of a coworker and decide to recreate a similar scenario in my script and then film my ideal ending.

NotJustBlonde

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
They just come to you, they can't be forced