How do you come up with your video ideas?

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I usually think of a topic the day before making the video and have a decent idea on what to say on that topic!

Megan Byrne

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Work is where I get most of my ideas too! I work in an art gallery, so I am surrounded by creative people and stuff. I have a notebook I keep in my pocket as well.
Hey! I love your videos, Ive just watched some and you're so funny! I get most my ideas at night as i watch a lot of youtube in the evenings!

SnoopingTurtle

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I tend to get a lot of inspiration through watching other Youtubers who create a similar type of content to my own. Once I get inspired it tends to just be finding a topic that I feel like I could shed some new light on or bring something new to the table regarding :)

Rachel98

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly my video ideas come randomly. Whether its watching other videos, something in the news or on TV, something someone says to me. A video I'm posting next week came from my realization that I'm probably one of maybe 3 people on the internet who hated Stranger Things. I usually just write them down in a notes file on my mac/phone and come back to it and see if I can make a full blown video out of it.

Malasia

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The idea's come to me throughout my day, if I see something funny it inspires me to do a funny sketch based on what I saw and found funny, or if I see something that makes me cringe like a guy being disrespectful to a teacher it automatically gives me the idea of a creative rant video about the topic. And I usually just jot down the idea when I think of it on my phone or notebook so I don't forget and then write an outline out once I know when I'm ready to make the video

Spinky

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
On my gaming channel, I don't really have to come up with anything. Just play and hope whatever comes out of my mouth while I do it is somewhat entertaining.

On my... ranty/talky channel, it's mostly just experiences I've had, so it's not hard to come up with stuff.

gerard loughran

I've Got It
Reaction score
I have a small note pad I keep in my pocket (mainly because my phone sucks lol)
And when an idea pops into my head I take a note of it, because I always keep ideas in work or when I'm away and I would forget it by the time I get home

Dustyb03 Skits

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What do u guys do to come up with ideas? what stages do you pass through? how long? E.T.C...

For me Most of my ideas come from when i am sleeping and when im watching other vids. I Write them up in a word document and when i need ideas i just look through it and pick out the ones i need/want.
Well, for me, it really depends on what your videos are about. I do skits, which means I have a whole lot of options to choose from. I usually think of the first thing that comes to my head, and continue a random story inside my head, until I think of something exciting and amazing!!

Dwayne Harris

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Our comedy Ideas on The Bantics Show are sometimes spoofs of a tv show, such as our 20 force 7 show we have started, and also original sketches we have come up with.

But a lot of our ideas start with experiencesepisode 1.jpg