How do YOU ask for views/subscribers

Mike Kowalski

Director of ImaginationLand
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We all know the basic tips on how to gain more views and subscribers...but sometimes (at least I feel like this) you want to just go up to everyone and ask them to watch your videos?

How do you guys all do it?

I go on Facebook and message all of my friends with the link to my new video and ask them to share it if they really like it. Then I post on Twitter and some friends retweet it. It's hard to ask people to watch your videos without seeming like you're being annoying or spamming.

Anyone have any secrets they have on sharing videos (like bribing ;) or something like that)? Or is there a specific or go-to way you ask people?

enzerutomoshibi

Evil Fairy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer
I put something at the end of my video with an annotation link to my other channel and a subscribe link to the channel they are watching.

Mike Kowalski

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I put something at the end of my video with an annotation link to my other channel and a subscribe link to the channel they are watching.
That's a good idea

I also try to get as many connections as I can...I'm going to Boston to visit my brother this weekend and he is in the music business so he knows people who do video work and stuff like that, so I can meet them and branch out

TomMayhew

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I post the link on Twitter and Facebook, and then send that link to friends asking them to like/comment/RT.

ghostlyrich

Vagaterian
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
mention it at the end of the video in text or voice or both "thanks for watching like and subscribe for more content thanks"

Mike Kowalski

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree with that for sure, but what about a video that isn't really a vlog or commentary?

ghostlyrich

Vagaterian
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
doesn't matter as long as you put it at the end i see it on music and gaming channels all the time

Mike Kowalski

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
yea I get what you're saying...some of my videos are kind of deep meaning ones so I don't really want the whole "subscribe to my channel!" thing afterwards

Reactions: TomMayhew

ghostlyrich

Vagaterian
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
yea I get what you're saying...some of my videos are kind of deep meaning ones so I don't really want the whole "subscribe to my channel!" thing afterwards
hmm other than that can put it in the description.