How Do You Advertise Your Content?

BeanTubes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello,
So I just started a new channel and I was wondering how you guys promote your video's?

I found it easier to promote my gaming channel but this one is a lot harder. What sites do you use?

I use:
Reddit (But dont really know any good subreddits)
Just Created a facebook page
Google+
Twitter
Instagram

What do you use?

AmuseYourBrain

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I salute. I am also new in all this. And like you created social network accounts but still don't know how to use them. I am planning to start with reddit and someone here post very good stuff for reddit on how to promote there. I am catching here very good advices because many people do all different stuff. My advice is for you to read a little here, you will like me learn a lot :) . Wish you best luck[DOUBLEPOST=1488111257,1488110967][/DOUBLEPOST]Just want to add few things, comment on other videos from your branch. Make playlists with yours and top youtubers from your branch. Be active on few forums, but this one for sure is the best one. And use long descriptions and good tags. And if you find something new and good come back here to tell me :)

Reactions: BeanTubes

BeanTubes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I salute. I am also new in all this. And like you created social network accounts but still don't know how to use them. I am planning to start with reddit and someone here post very good stuff for reddit on how to promote there. I am catching here very good advices because many people do all different stuff. My advice is for you to read a little here, you will like me learn a lot :) . Wish you best luck[DOUBLEPOST=1488111257,1488110967][/DOUBLEPOST]Just want to add few things, comment on other videos from your branch. Make playlists with yours and top youtubers from your branch. Be active on few forums, but this one for sure is the best one. And use long descriptions and good tags. And if you find something new and good come back here to tell me :)
Thankyou dude! Really appreciate this! I will have a look around and see what i find!

Reactions: AmuseYourBrain

AmuseYourBrain

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Trust me do that. Many smart things you can find that would never cross your mind. Good luck and don't forget to come back with smart ideas

Feathers

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I use Facebook, Twitter and StumbleUpon currently but the results are pretty slow I'd say! I want to use Reddit but since my channel is very small still I don't know if that's a good idea after reading the threads on here about it. D:

BeanTubes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use Facebook, Twitter and StumbleUpon currently but the results are pretty slow I'd say! I want to use Reddit but since my channel is very small still I don't know if that's a good idea after reading the threads on here about it. D:
I have never heard of StumbleUpon before. I may give that a try and I know from past experience that Reddit is difficult. Can get a lot of dislikes if you post in the wrong place

Feathers

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
StumbleUpon is a site where people can just find random content, it's good in theory but people are very fickle and can get bored super fast and just click to find something else! Any tips for Reddit success? XD

BeanTubes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
StumbleUpon is a site where people can just find random content, it's good in theory but people are very fickle and can get bored super fast and just click to find something else! Any tips for Reddit success? XD
I may try and have a look into that. As of reddit what I have learnt is try and find a subresddit that matches your video. For example a gaming video I would search "YouTube Gaming Promotion" then you will see a bunch of sub reddit's that will allow YouTube video posts.

I haven't had much success as of yet because it seems easier to promote gaming video's than other videos like reaction ect. Just make sure you read the rules of the Sub reddit and they allow self advertisement. This is because if you post into a regular sub reddit that doesn't allow self promotion they will eat you alive and you will get a tone of hate.

I'm mainly in trial and error stage at the moment

Reactions: Feathers

Feathers

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Oh wow that sounds scary haha XD I think I might not try it for the time being then as I don't do gaming videos just yet D:

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello!
I was trying these services for my channel:
Reddit- he is bad for my channel((
Twitter
google+
Facebook
vkontakte
odnoklassniki
All these services bring small traffic