How do you actually grow your channel?

Torq

Reaction score
I just wanted to know because uploading everyday and doing a funny series isnt helping post below tips and tricks on how to grow:)

Douglas MacKrell

The Internet's Foremost Sexpro
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well - speaking as someone who just went through the same hurtles, let's see if I can help out.

After checking out your channel and your videos, the good news is that your channel has a decent layout. Your individual episode thumbnails could use some variance to help each video look unique - but it's well curated. I was easily able to find the first video and launch a playlist with your episodes all in order.

What I found though is that your individual videos aren't really streamlined for SEO (Search Engine Optimization) - so that those searching for Fifa 14 gameplay videos aren't flooding in. The titles are set up well enough, but working on keywords for your tags and flushing out your About sections with more information will really help.

The bad news is that gaming content has a steep hill to climb to be noticed because there are so many people also creating the same kind of content. It's not impossible to be discovered though, and so I'd suggest reaching out and making connections in Fifa 14 boards, see about collaborations with other gaming channels, and take @Philip Zeplin's SEO course.

It's a sound investment, and it really helped me out. Before I started with his course, I was seeing about 300-400 daily views on my nearly 200 videos - Now I see 2,000-3,000 per day along with a surge of nearly 200 subscribers! And that number is only rising!!

yttalk DOT com/threads/rankify-youtube-get-more-views-philips-course-is-the-best-investment-ive-ever-made.81180/

Philip Zeplin

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Your individual episode thumbnails could use some variance to help each video look unique
I wanted to add, that that's one of the first things I thought about too, when having a look at your channel! So I agree with Douglas here!

The bad news is that gaming content has a steep hill to climb to be noticed because there are so many people also creating the same kind of content. It's not impossible to be discovered though, and so I'd suggest reaching out and making connections in Fifa 14 boards, see about collaborations with other gaming channels, and take @Philip Zeplin's SEO course.

It's a sound investment, and it really helped me out. Before I started with his course, I was seeing about 300-400 daily views on my nearly 200 videos - Now I see 2,000-3,000 per day along with a surge of nearly 200 subscribers! And that number is only rising!!

yttalk DOT com/threads/rankify-youtube-get-more-views-philips-course-is-the-best-investment-ive-ever-made.81180/
First off: Man, that is awesome to hear! I know you said things were going much better, but I didn't know an exact number - that's fantastic to hear! Your video's deserve it though, it's a really unique concept on ze utube!

Second off: Just so people know, I'm not bribing Douglas to post all these nice things! He's just being a super awesome guy :)

Third, uh, off: Douglas is correct, in saying that the gaming niché is a tough one. It's one of the most populated ones on YouTube, and definitely one of the most competitive ones, purely because of the mass amount of content being put out every day!

Reactions: Douglas MacKrell

EleniVTV

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Vlogger, Comedian
I really really need to take that course because I don't think I'm helping myself right now.

Philip Zeplin

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I really really need to take that course because I don't think I'm helping myself right now.
Ill be more than happy to anser any questions you might have, either here, in a pm, or the official thread :)

Philip Zeplin

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I appreciate it. I will be asking many many many lol :)
For the sake of not derailing this threa, Id appreciate it if we could do it in the official thread :) Be sure to read theough it too, lots of feedback aswell as info in it!

Reactions: EleniVTV

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Searchbar *cough* Searchbar. Damned f*****g use it! I will probably never understand why people don't use the searchbar. Everyone says here the same old answer.
+100000

I can't understand the people who seriously don't think to at least browse the forums before asking this question. Even without searching, you can see that this question gets asked at least once a day.

Do people not think that there's just a minute chance that this question has been asked a few times on a forum that is dedicated to people making YT channels and trying to grow ?!!

I actually used to give long, detailed answers in these threads, but I'm not going to bother anymore. Oh and this is OP's 3rd thread in less than a week asking the exact same thing........

It's like joining an online poker forum and immediately starting a thread "how can I win at poker?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaguar550