How do Tech YouTubers afford so many gadgets?

Ayush

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Reviewer
Hey,

I was wondering how people like MKBHD, Kenfilmshd, etc afford so many tech products? Is there a way I can do it? Are they sponsored?

How can I get sponsored? What do I do to become like them?

Thanks,
Ayush

Chance C

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Other
Yes im guessing they are sponsered too much money, some companies even let you "use" and promote their on products, so it is a good thing to do really, you just need to get out there i suppose.

JosPlays

Just being AWESOME
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah I think the biger youtubers get them sponosered to make videos. If you want to do the same you need a very big wallet to make alot of those tech review videos.

RedCrossRising

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've heard that their sponsored, and have contacted the companies asking if they could review the product. After they explain what they're doing and that it'll be in a positive manner they were able to test out these devices on camera....idk just what I've heard

Ayush

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Reviewer
Yeah I think the biger youtubers get them sponosered to make videos. If you want to do the same you need a very big wallet to make alot of those tech review videos.
I've heard that their sponsored, and have contacted the companies asking if they could review the product. After they explain what they're doing and that it'll be in a positive manner they were able to test out these devices on camera....idk just what I've heard
How can I get Sponsored?

JosPlays

Just being AWESOME
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
How can I get Sponsored?
Ask companies I think. Just go to the local store and ask the manager personal, that case you can explain in every detail what you want and what he gets. What he earns by giving you something. And maybe he agrees with you. I don't recommend sending an email 99% of the time it goes to the Spam folder.

RedCrossRising

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
How can I get Sponsored?
I would email them and explain exactly what it is you're trying to do. Don't leave anything out, explain to them everything that would happen in a video featuring their product. They should have various means of contact on their websites, so try a few? Also as for going to a manager of a store, I wouldn't. Managers have no control over the rights to the products they sell, they're there to manage the store/employees and make money. It may be a good way for them to contact someone higher up the ladder, but other than that you'll still be forced into emails & phone calls. Best of luck!

Ayush

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Reviewer
I would email them and explain exactly what it is you're trying to do. Don't leave anything out, explain to them everything that would happen in a video featuring their product. They should have various means of contact on their websites, so try a few? Also as for going to a manager of a store, I wouldn't. Managers have no control over the rights to the products they sell, they're there to manage the store/employees and make money. It may be a good way for them to contact someone higher up the ladder, but other than that you'll still be forced into emails & phone calls. Best of luck!
Thanks a lot!

Reactions: RedCrossRising

JosPlays

Just being AWESOME
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I wouldn't do email/phone call. I think a personal visit gives you more chance they say OK We will sponser you.

Reactions: pitbullnorthc

RedCrossRising

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I wouldn't do email/phone call. I think a personal visit gives you more chance they say OK We will sponser you.
Different things work for different people! If someone is serious about doing these reviews I would explore every option to see what works best