Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

How Do I Stop Feeling Anxious Over my Content?

Discussion in 'YouTube Chat, Gossip & Help' started by Justine, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Justine
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $10
    Okay so lemme give ya a little bit of backstory on this because the thread titles may be a bit hard to understand (because I suck at putting how I'm feeling into words).

I recently made a video that kinda blew up as far as commentary videos go because it was on an incident that just occurred. Because of this video I had quite a bit of people subscribe to my channel.

While I'm excited that this video had people find my channel and subscribe, I'm genuinely terrified of what to do now upload wise. I feel like people totally just subscribed because I was calling someone out, but my channel is a lot more than that; its gameplay, commentary on articles, commentary on videos, the occasional storytime, and rarely about ""exposing"" people.

I'm anxious and a little bit scared because I feel like the rest of my content won't live up to this one video I made that just happened to get a lot more views than I'm used to.

So yeah. If any of you guys have every felt anxious about what content you make and all that and have some tips to calm down or stay positive, that'd honestly be cool because ya girl needs those tips right about now:happy:

Symph likes this.
  2. Primink
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $49
    I'm in the same boat, I'm also a commentary channel who had a few videos bow up because they call out some scammy people and my channel had gotten a huge boost from it. I also have become extra worried and self conscious of what I'm posting because I don't want to disappoint the new subscribers. When you are small you can upload pretty much anything because people aren't watching anyways, but when you start growing you want to make videos that please everyone. The way I'm getting over this is by listening to my comments, people on my channel comment on things they like about my videos and things they don't like so much; This helps me change my new videos to please my subscribers. Hope I helped

Justine likes this.
  3. Conso1727
    Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
    Cash:
    $1,914
    Honestly? Stick to what you like to make, some subscribers will leave because they won't like the rest, but some will stick, and it's them the ones you should make videos for, the people that enjoy you as a person and as a creator and not for drama.

4. Scootakip [Lana]
    Super Poster
    Cash:
    $60
    If people don't like your content, they'll eventually unsubscribe anyways. They'll realize that you're not uploading the same exact content as they found you through and they'll screw off

Justine likes this.
  5. Looped Fruit
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $4
    When you start comparing yourself to other channels you may start to feel anxious and worried if you don't do what other channels are doing you might feel left behind. I say forget what other people are doing and be you, listen to your heart. Goodluck!

videoeditgr and Justine like this.
  6. TheDutchTexan
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $83
    Just create what you want to create and literally do not care what anyone else thinks. The people on the same wavelength as you will follow you and those that do not won't care and unsubscribe eventually / not subscribe in the first place. You do not want to chase the views or subscribers on content you do not agree with. Call-outs / Negativity is a way to get people to follow you, but those people thrive on that negativity, and that has an affect on you.

videoeditgr and Justine like this.
  7. Symph
    I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
    Cash:
    $59
    I have no advice, just letting you know I have been there in a BIG way. I kept leaving my channel and coming back because I kept overthinking and over analyzing my content, feeling embarrassed about my uploads, I kept wanting to start over, create new channels, hide old videos etc. I just think for some people it can be nerve racking. In my opinion though it's probably a sign of chemical imbalance of some kind, or at least it can be cured by finding balance in the mind. However, that's a life long pursuit of searching for your perfect diet/exercise routine/lifestyle changes/mediation/supplements etc etc etc. So............... yeah maybe you should just.... put out the videos and watch as the world doesn't end instead. lol

Justine likes this.
  8. Ida Skye
    Cash:
    $13
    I like you! Subscribed!

Also the only thing you can do is to make what you enjoy. You can't make 1 type of video if it doesn't make you happy. Make what you want. Slow and steady wins the race.

Justine likes this.
  9. videoeditgr
    Super Poster
    Cash:
    $425
    There is no absolute reason that people didn't wtached the specific video, made a quick tour on your channel and decided to subscribe. Don't give the credits to the video or the subject but give them to you. As others say, keep going and after all... what is going to happen ...it will happen! no worries! :)

Justine likes this.
  10. EVO
    EVO
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $238
    I think time will help. I would suggest keep making content and over time you will find it easier.

Justine likes this.