How do I sort my tags the best way?

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How do you guys sort your tags? I use Tubebuddy and as you probably know there is an auto-sort function but my question is if it´s best practice to use Auto sort?
What i mean is this. Sometimes I have a keyword or phrase ranked as number 1 (the number tubebuddy gives) but it is NOT the keyword I want to rank on first and fore most, But should I put it in front anyway or what do you think?

jdog88

Reaction score
I'm pretty skeptical at using TubeBuddy or vidiq. Some people have had their channels deleted from using these actually. (a quick google search will reveal) Also I have found using them negatively affected the video's performance and views fell off dramatically almost as if YouTube can see you using the tools and punishes you for it. For example check out the tags from some of the top performing YouTubers out there and they typically don't put much effort into the tags yet they do very well. I think being organic is more important for the mysterious YouTube algorithm

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sounds a bit crazy that YT should punish you for using a keyword tool!!! Never the less it is food for thought, so thanks for your view on this

Krisfire

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Director
How do you guys sort your tags? I use Tubebuddy and as you probably know there is an auto-sort function but my question is if it´s best practice to use Auto sort?
What i mean is this. Sometimes I have a keyword or phrase ranked as number 1 (the number tubebuddy gives) but it is NOT the keyword I want to rank on first and fore most, But should I put it in front anyway or what do you think?
I've never seen a difference in the order which tags were written. I always go
Title (Human readable)
Description (Title first and trying to make as many sentences as possible using the keywords in the title)
Hashtags (I only go for 3 relevant ones in the bottom of the description)
Tags (Keywords from the title and description in ways you would search for them)

I'm pretty skeptical at using TubeBuddy or vidiq. Some people have had their channels deleted from using these actually. (a quick google search will reveal) Also I have found using them negatively affected the video's performance and views fell off dramatically almost as if YouTube can see you using the tools and punishes you for it. For example check out the tags from some of the top performing YouTubers out there and they typically don't put much effort into the tags yet they do very well. I think being organic is more important for the mysterious YouTube algorithm
Could I get some links? I looked it up and couldn't find anything about channels being deleted for using these tools. I've been using tubebuddy for years and never have I seen videos be affected by use one way or the other.

Also with large youtubers and tags. Say a channel like Pewdiepie posts a video, its getting millions of views regardless of tags because of his subscribers, youtube also knows that since X amount of people like it others will too so they recommend it to more people.

tags are to help youtube know where to "Place" your videos. The lack of tags wont equal lots of views, lots of views (Via subscribers) equals the ability to ignore tags.

I've ranked higher by using tags and key words (While using tubebuddy) than others who didn't use tags and keywords. They had more views initially but after awhile I ended up having a more successful video overall.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've ranked higher by using tags and key words (While using tubebuddy) than others who didn't use tags and keywords. They had more views initially but after awhile I ended up having a more successful video overall.
This is exactly how I see it too. I think (and it´s my personal believe) that good keyword research will pay of in the long run, so I continue working on that :)

Screw your coach