How do I rearrange...

Daryl Canada

How do I rearrange the order that my playlists appear? Not the order of the videos in the playlist but the playlists themselves. I want to add a playlist but I do not want it to be the first one displayed. Also, how do I rearrange the order that my videos appear on the "my Channel" page. The newest upload appears first on the page and if it is off my usual channel subject I would prefer it not be first. Thanks, Daryl.

you can arrange playlist layout and movies in playlist but you cant change the upload feed.

made this on how to make play list and what not. if your using this lay out click the my channel tab and were it says all videos "under your featured video there is a edit button. click and rearrange your playlists. with in the playlist tab you can sort by newest or oldest or az or za

Thanks for the reply. Read you message, checked out your channel (nice) and watched your video but did not really find the answer to my questions, but then I am really, really old so perhaps missed the obvious. Figured out today how to load my avatar so if you cared to you could see my channel which might better explain my question.

I like to take people to My Channel page first as the background and grid of all uploads gets a lot of attention, BUT, I would like to arrange the order that my vids are displayed and cannot find a way to do that other than newest/oldest and grid/list. Is it possible to rearrange the video order randomly as I choose?

In playlists the same options seem to be the only ones available. A new playlist can only be arranged as the first or last list. (I have figured out how to arrange the order that the videos appear in the playlists.)

I would be glad to hear from you if you have more advice.
Thanks
PuttPutt4Video

Thanks for the reply. Read you message, checked out your channel (nice) and watched your video but did not really find the answer to my questions, but then I am really, really old so perhaps missed the obvious. Figured out today how to load my avatar so if you cared to you could see my channel which might better explain my question.

I like to take people to My Channel page first as the background and grid of all uploads gets a lot of attention, BUT, I would like to arrange the order that my vids are displayed and cannot find a way to do that other than newest/oldest and grid/list. Is it possible to rearrange the video order randomly as I choose? no at this time it is locked and shows the recent uploads first

In playlists the same options seem to be the only ones available. A new playlist can only be arranged as the first or last list. (I have figured out how to arrange the order that the videos appear in the playlists.) in the playlist tab you cannot arrange which playlists show first but the viewer has options "if you log out YouTube and go to your channel you can see the potions im talking about." the playlist order is locked to these options.

I would be glad to hear from you if you have more advice.
Thanks
PuttPutt4Video

i posted the answers to your questions in the quote above. My advise is to set up your channel like i have done in the video above fallow along and click the options i have clicked. This will allow you to have a cleaner looking channel. And allow your channel feed to show first rather than the grid as you cant really mannage the grid but you can arrange the order that playlists show on your feed page

Thanks for the added feedback. Good stuff that I will think about for a few days. I guess we all have different viewing habits. When I get a new subscriber or link I always navigate to the my channel/uploads page first to get an idea of the main subject if there is one. You have a multitude of subjects while I have primarily one and a following because of that hence the layout I use. One of the reasons I am asking about this is because I have done a series of long videos on a totallly unrelated subject that are on my channel but for now are unlisted because I am quite sure my usual viewers would have no interest and I assume I could loose viewers as a result. It would be sort of like if you started posting videos about for example "Health care for the elderly". A separate channel could be the best answer but I understand to do that I would need a different and separate adddress. H'mmmmmm. I like your idea of putting many of your own videos on the likes page. Cheers.

Back