Status
Not open for further replies.

Maarij Bashir

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think you have to ask yourself these 3 questions:
1. Would you still make videos if you never make any profit?
2. Would you still make videos if you have to sacrifice something (or many things)?
3. Would you give up luxury to make videos (sleep, food, etc)?

Of course these are exaggerations but you probably get the idea. If you say yes to all them, then I assume your are very passionate in making videos. So it's kind of pointless asking people in the internet if you should quit your job or not. That's up to you to decide. What I can tell is understand your situation and think if you want to do Youtube Full-Time. If yes, then think is your job interfering with that. Good Luck! :)

Pierce's Mom

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
As always, some great posts! Few points from my end as well on adwords.
1) If you're interested in adwords, just start with it! Yes it's very intimidating, it's not the greatest designed tool from a GUI perspective and you will "waste" money in the beginning doing stuff that doesn't work. It will take you time to find what works best for you, your content, your audience, etc.
2) Make sure you start experimenting with 0,01 CPM! In my experience this will almost always work, it might take a day though before things ramp up.
3) Don't just hit promote video in Youtube (you can maybe do that to get started) but learn how to create your own campaigns from the site. You have a lot more options available if you do it this way.
4) In case you didn't get it yet, experiment, experiment and experiment! Try to target specific videos of your competitors for your ads, specific competitor channels, keywords, audience, language, etc or a combination of it all. Think of what you want to do with your ad and tailor the campaign. E.g. if you want subs, deselect "unknown" in the Demographics tabs so that you increase the chance of your ad to be shown to people with a youtube account.
5) Create playlists in your channel and add your video's in it for a certain topic. Go into the playlist, click the video you want to promote, copy the HTTP link and make an ad using that link to the video inside the playlist. This way you will have more chance of people clicking through to more of your videos and build up playlist traffic as well (make sure your video's have annotations and cards pointing to playlists and subscribing as well!).
This is very good! I've just been placing the video's URL off my channel on Adwords. I didn't know that the URL of a video off a playlist is different! That makes sense to have that URL since then they can be suggested to view the playlist.[DOUBLEPOST=1495312244,1495310059][/DOUBLEPOST]
A "how to build a profitable youtube channel" course is a great idea. But I think the channel needs sub authority first, I would not contemplate such a course until we had 1M subs. Maybe in about 5 years if we're lucky enough.....
You're definitely lucky enough!! Looks like you'll need to start planning for this course, and have it up and running in the next few months. What a remarkable difference in less than a year!! Another course idea, "How to conquer YouTube algorithm". I'll be an active participant in both courses.

JackyPlus2

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
It's only acceptable and smart to quit your day job for YouTube is ONLY if the money you make off your videos can support your living CONSTANTLY. Even then, with the whole ad-pocolypse going on right now, I don't think anyone knows if you can make a sustainable career now unless your like a toy channel or some s**t.

Status
Not open for further replies.