How do I promote on reddit?

Acerthorn

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I recently participated in a poll on this site where we voted on the best means of promoting your channel. I just started a let's play channel a few days ago by the same name as my current yttalk account, and I voted with twitter.

But when I voted, I saw that reddit was also a very popular means of promoting your content.

How do I promote my channel on reddit?

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It depends on what kind of channel you have (your channel link doesn´t work, so I can´t see the channel). If you have a gaming channel, you could post in the gaming subreddit, and if you are a vlogger, you could post in the blogger section.
But bare in mind that Reddit is like any other forum, if you only post videos, people on reddit will be brutal!

Reactions: javacentral

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
If you're only doing let's plays, then I wouldn't bother.

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
Reddit is a dog eat dog place where no matter what you throw into the pit its going to come out battered and bruised. Some have come away with scratches but for the most part, unless your really in with that community, you will get torn apart. Try getting involved in smaller communities on Twitter, Facebook, Forums & Discord.

Reactions: Eiree'E and Primink

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
The best way is to become a part of the community and not just drop your link and leave. But that goes for most of the internet forums / communities I think.
Maybe it's also depending on the category video. I can imagine that gamer sections can be more "brutal" than the travelers / holiday- communities for example.
Once I understood how reddit works, I started liking it as it's a real cool place for my nice. I've got a few views and very few subs out of it, but also got some inspiration of the other creators over there.

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There's nothing wrong with Reddit as long as you understand the kind of people that are typically on there. But far too many people are begging for subs, begging for views and these people just don't stick around and be part of the community. They just want to spam subreddits and that's why they get attacked.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it has been said but here is my point of view. Reddit only work with SOME videos. If you are doing let´s play only I wouldnt waste my time on reddit. Best videos for Reddit IMO is videos that are provoking/controvertia. I use reddit for my videos and some videos do better than other but my most provoking video (why you should quit school) did amazing on Reddit

Spence Bailey

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
Reddit can help you get big, yes. But, you need to not try and promote your content, rather just share relevant content in the correct sub Reddit and wait for the views to pour in. I can almost bet sure that if you were to make a post asking for views then you'd be met with a lot of hate. As opposed to just posting the video and watching it turn out views on its' own.

jonnyzeta

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It depends. There are self promotion rules that are site wide, and they generally say "'be a redditor with a website not a website with a website with a youtube."

you need to have a reason to your post. something topical or something unique. otherwise, it's just spam and blatant promotion and you're liable to get your post removed.