How do I promote my videos?

ForeverAlonePrick

I don't know what's going on.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Reddit. If you're looking for a free and easy way to promote your videos, reddit is a great site. There are thousands of people with nothing better to do that look for original content to entertain/occupy their minds. Some of my videos have gotten hundreds of views from there. Highly recommended!

HubbaBubba

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Unfortunately the thing about reddit is that the criticism is very harsh sometimes. However, you could try forums of your particular genre, facebook, and other social networking sites like twitter.etc

enzerutomoshibi

Evil Fairy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer
Unfortunately the thing about reddit is that the criticism is very harsh sometimes. However, you could try forums of your particular genre, facebook, and other social networking sites like twitter.etc
Yeah, reddit is full of trolls.

Reactions: Joshua

ForeverAlonePrick

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yeah, reddit is full of trolls.
Really? Reddit is kind of known for being huge circle-jerkers. At worst, I'll get some downvotes and maybe a negative comment or two. If you try enough though, one of your videos might get some traffic. It's worked for me in the past. I can't speak for everybody though.

GunsandGonads

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Forums are usually the best in my experience, When we did some Nintendo themed videos we hit up some gaming forums, across 3 forums we managed to rack up an addition 1000 views in traffic. Just don't blatantly Spam, if you actually contribute to some other conversations and some other threads besides your own I think you will find you will have a much better result. Plus if it's a niche your interested in, it isn't really hard work :up:

xandru8

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
well on reddit even if its hars if you can ... just endure to ignore it and answer to only the meaning ones then its ok
--- merged: Jun 5, 2012 at 2:08 PM ---
Really? Reddit is kind of known for being huge circle-jerkers. At worst, I'll get some downvotes and maybe a negative comment or two. If you try enough though, one of your videos might get some traffic. It's worked for me in the past. I can't speak for everybody though.
when you post youre videos on reddit how do you do it ? you look for a specific thread or a specific comunity ?

ForeverAlonePrick

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
well on reddit even if its hars if you can ... just endure to ignore it and answer to only the meaning ones then its ok
--- merged: Jun 5, 2012 at 2:08 PM ---

when you post youre videos on reddit how do you do it ? you look for a specific thread or a specific comunity ?
Normally I find a specific subreddit that is relevant to the video topic. For example, in my feminism video, I found a subreddit about feminism, and one about men's rights. I submitted it to both. If there's no specific subreddit that would be perfect, I use a general one, like videos, wtf, funny, politics, gaming, or something basic.

xandru8

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Normally I find a specific subreddit that is relevant to the video topic. For example, in my feminism video, I found a subreddit about feminism, and one about men's rights. I submitted it to both. If there's no specific subreddit that would be perfect, I use a general one, like videos, wtf, funny, politics, gaming, or something basic.
aha so you loock for the topic of the video specificaly