How do i plan my next video?

Toasters

Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
I need some help with writing scripts because i can't always seem to get the real vibe of the video in the script and it sounds like im reading a book when recording.

I need some fancy words and i need to tell a story about the certain topic.

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I need some fancy words and i need to tell a story about the certain topic.
This is extremely unspecific, nobody will be able to help you.

If you have trouble getting a vibe for the video, just talk to yourself. Present the video as you would in front of a camera, but without filming it. This will help formulate how you want to bring it. If there are words you need to translate, you will stumble upon them. Also, it can very well be that you don't work well with a script. I have an extreem reading voice when I use a script, so I only use bullet points and just tell the story, instead of reading it.

Reactions: Ralph Mickey

MutantCreeper36

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Use a thesaurus and make sure to use words that you know and sound right. Not only will it help you to get the proper vibe, but if its a word that you are very familiar with, then it does sound like you talking and not like you are reading off of something.

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
In regards to having more words and stories. You are the writer of your own book. Go out an experience the world and have something to come back to the camera to.

In regards to writing the script or structuring it. Literally sit in front of your desk and tell yourself the story from start to finish with no camera or mic. Write down what you feel the important bits of the story are and then string that all together once you write it all down.

zhkopec

I've Got It
Reaction score
Practice speaking more. Use hand gestures while you're speaking. Move around and stand up while you speak. All of my videos are off a script, but it's hard to tell.

TChop

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Okay this might seem like strange advice but this is what I suggest. First get yourself a book and pencil for some planning before writing your actual script. I find planning to be helpful and just jumping in into writing the script can make the whole process much harder. So sit down, relax and start writing down the major points you intend to cover in the video. This does not need to be in order and I'd suggest you write down everything you feel is relevant. Then ask yourself, what's the tonal intent of the video. Do you want to sound humorous? Do you want to sound sullen? These are things to consider. Once you've got your points down and know the overall "feel" of the video, start grouping and elaborating on your points. Which point is relevant to each other, how should the points flow etc. Also, after that, get rid of the points you don't think is that important for your video. Now take your points and create a mindmap. Elaborate on each point, what is it you want do discuss in that point, what is it you want to convey etc.

Now that the planning is done, you are ready to write your script. Honestly, the reading a book thing will just get better with time as you get more comfortable. Also, saying you want to use fancy words and such isn't really something that can be helped as that requires practice. But don't fret! If you continue to actually take time writing your scripts and fleshing them out as best as you can, your writing ability will increase.

Diversified Unison

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Other
Here is a interesting idea. When you are reading your script think how would you present yourself in front of a girl haha ;)
It's not about what you writing, it's about how are you presenting. Be natural and relaxed. Not always you have to follow what you are writing on the paper. Try to add your own while reading. Also practice your script front of the mirror and add expression when you are reading. Trust me it makes a big difference in how you sound. Try not to look at the script all the time. When you are recording try standing that might help too. Think that you are talking with someone. Just ask yourself how do you talk with others and what you do. Then use that to your script reading. Hope some of those tips will be helpful. Cheers!! :D

Nikki120113

YTTalk's Cookie Pizza
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other
I dont think looking for fancy words will help you. Infact that will probably make you sound worse since it's not really YOU.
Get motivated, watch your fav youtubers, write down all your ideas then pick one you really want to do & plan it all out from there.
Dot points, where you'll be filming, how you'll film that particular part etc. Practice in front of the mirror if that helps, but be true to yourself.