how do i make more $ on the $100 threshold

Nat

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
quick question how you guys make more money on youtube because ive been using youtube for more then 4 years and i have 2.5 mil views on my channel with 120 videos and i still havent hit the threshold of $100 yet... i set up my adsense and i put monetise on my videos years ago.

i use to post videos for fun but now i dont post any videos because im not making anything from youtube and im at the point were i need to make money to pay for things in life.

Reactions: Alex Tyler

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
When did you start monetizing your videos? At how many views?

You need to check your CPM. It might be super low due to low-bidding keywords. Either way, you can't expect much if you're averaging fewer than 100 views per day. You'll have to figure out how to garner more views. Whether that's from better SEO management, more enticing content, or more promoting, you'll have to start changing things up.

OzzyMikeNaz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You won't make more money without more views and you won't get more views without more content. If you get a new viewer who likes what they have come across they may go through your old videos increasing their views as well. Money from Adsense is not an exact science.

Nat

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
When did you start monetizing your videos? At how many views?

You need to check your CPM. It might be super low due to low-bidding keywords. Either way, you can't expect much if you're averaging fewer than 100 views per day. You'll have to figure out how to garner more views. Whether that's from better SEO management, more enticing content, or more promoting, you'll have to start changing things up.
i think about 3 and a half years ago i monetise my videos
i dont know how to check CPM i think u mean RPM and when i was uploading a lot of content my videos was getting a lot of videos like 300k, 200,100, 80k 50k per video. im starting to think youtube is just not the place to go to make money and all those videos online staying you can making a good amount of money might just be bs because a channel with over 2.5mil videos cant even make the threshold just imagine where i would be with 50mil views.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
@Nat First of all, you went for two very saturated video niches; gaming and pranks. It's no wonder you aren't making a lot of money on only 881 subscribers. Also you have made the common mistake of equating views to income. The two are largely unrelated. Have your videos had 2.5 million views, or your channel? Channel views only mean that your channel has been looked at that number of times. Channel views make no money at all.

In order for you to make money on your content, people need to view and/or otherwise interact with the ads placed on your videos; and this obviously isn't happening often enough for you.

You need more subscribers and more and better content too. Let's Play videos are everywhere, for nearly every game ever invented. I'd consider doing the following in order to grow your channel and raise awareness of same...

1. Check out what other successful creators are doing; I mean those who have over 10,000 subscribers. 881 subscribers isn't much of a base for monetization to begin with. Tweet out your channel on Twitter every time you post a new video; set up a Facebook Page for your channel, and post your YouTube updates to it. If you have an Instagram, post your video links there too.

1.5 Start posting videos again and consistently, if you don't want your channel to die.

2. On the basis of what item 1 shows and does for you, consider starting a new channel with totally different content. It needs also to be content you enjoy creating and posting on a consistent and regular basis.

3. Enrol in one or more courses at the YouTube Creator Academy; which was created to teach creators who want to grow their channels more rapidly, and optimize their monetization.

4. Search for YouTube Creators channel. The owner is very knowledgable on the ins and outs of YouTube. He is also a member of YTTalk.

I hope you find this advice helpful!

Nat

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
QUOTE="UKHypnotist, post: 2157660, member: 5399"]@Nat First of all, you went for two very saturated video niches; gaming and pranks. It's no wonder you aren't making a lot of money on only 881 subscribers. Also you have made the common mistake of equating views to income. The two are largely unrelated. Have your videos had 2.5 million views, or your channel? Channel views only mean that your channel has been looked at that number of times. Channel views make no money at all.

In order for you to make money on your content, people need to view and/or otherwise interact with the ads placed on your videos; and this obviously isn't happening often enough for you.

You need more subscribers and more and better content too. Let's Play videos are everywhere, for nearly every game ever invented. I'd consider doing the following in order to grow your channel and raise awareness of same...

1. Check out what other successful creators are doing; I mean those who have over 10,000 subscribers. 881 subscribers isn't much of a base for monetization to begin with. Tweet out your channel on Twitter every time you post a new video; set up a Facebook Page for your channel, and post your YouTube updates to it. If you have an Instagram, post your video links there too.

1.5 Start posting videos again and consistently, if you don't want your channel to die.

2. On the basis of what item 1 shows and does for you, consider starting a new channel with totally different content. It needs also to be content you enjoy creating and posting on a consistent and regular basis.

3. Enrol in one or more courses at the YouTube Creator Academy; which was created to teach creators who want to grow their channels more rapidly, and optimize their monetization.

4. Search for YouTube Creators channel. The owner is very knowledgable on the ins and outs of YouTube. He is also a member of YTTalk.

I hope you find this advice helpful![/QUOTE]

im not talking about growing my channel and i use to be consistent.. i just wanna know if theres a way to increase $ when people click on the videos so i can hit the threshold and WHY havent i made any $ yet
check out these screenshots i use tubebuddy to see how many $ i should of made now i dont think these numbers are 100% but still check it out. these screenshots show that i made more then what the threshold is asking for but still i never got paid yet
Screenshot_2.pngScreenshot_1.png [

2.5mil views doesnt mean how many times people look at my channel its all the views of my videos added together. if u goto my videos and check whats most popular u will see.

i dont care about growing my channel anymore i just wanna see what wrong and why haven't i hit the threshold i know for sure something is wrong and i know 100% for sure that i made way more $ then what the threshold is asking for but still i havent got paid yet something is wrong

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Ok, I am looking like your pointer, at the TubeBuddy Estimated Income. I have TB installed on my computer.

First of all, the operative word here is estimated. That figure on the right is your estimated income for a whole year, not what you have made to date. What does your Adsense actually say in the Estimated Income section? The green figure your pointer indicates on the left is also an estimate; not your true earnings; those will only be shown in your Adsense Dashboard. Have you been asked to set your payment destination bank account, or sent your verfication PIN yet? If not, you are nowhere near payment threshold.

2.5 million views isn't 2.5 million monetized views. Please go into your YouTube Analytics section. Select Lifetime, as your date range, and then go into the Revenue section. What does your Lifetime Monetized Views say? And what does your current and/or Lifetime YouTube Income section say also? TubeBuddy never gives an accurate account of your earnings; you must look at your YouTube Analytics and Adsense Dashboard to get an accurate picture. My own reports are skewed; I left an MCN last August; so my income reports reset at that point in time.

Analytics.jpg Feb22nd-2017.jpg

Finally if you don't care about growing your channel anymore, it is destined to die. If it dies, your income from it will stagnate and then stop one day. If you abandon your channel, YouTube will eventually delete it as an inactive account.

Is this what you want?

The CPC (Cost Per Click) is determined by which ad types are shown against your videos and by country they are shown in; as determined by auction amongst the advertisers. Unless you have inside access to the YouTube Algorithm itself (which by the way would be gaming the system in the worst way possible), the only way to raise this figure would be to alter your content to a type which has a more expensive base price. Gaming videos and also prank videos are as cheap as air these days, due to how many gaming and prank channels exist on YouTube.

Last edited:

Nat

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Ok, I am looking like your pointer, at the TubeBuddy Estimated Income. I have TB installed on my computer.

First of all, the operative word here is estimated. That figure on the right is your estimated income for a whole year, not what you have made to date. What does your Adsense actually say in the Estimated Income section? The green figure your pointer indicates on the left is also an estimate; not your true earnings; those will only be shown in your Adsense Dashboard. Have you been asked to set your payment destination bank account, or sent your verfication PIN yet? If not, you are nowhere near payment threshold.

2.5 million views isn't 2.5 million monetized views. Please go into your YouTube Analytics section. Select Lifetime, as your date range, and then go into the Revenue section. What does your Lifetime Monetized Views say? And what does your current and/or Lifetime YouTube Income section say also? TubeBuddy never gives an accurate account of your earnings; you must look at your YouTube Analytics and Adsense Dashboard to get an accurate picture. My own reports are skewed; I left an MCN last August; so my income reports reset at that point in time.

View attachment 39739 View attachment 39740

Finally if you don't care about growing your channel anymore, it is destined to die. If it dies, your income from it will stagnate and then stop one day. If you abandon your channel, YouTube will eventually delete it as an inactive account.

Is this what you want?

The CPC (Cost Per Click) is determined by which ad types are shown against your videos and by country they are shown in; as determined by auction amongst the advertisers. Unless you have inside access to the YouTube Algorithm itself (which by the way would be gaming the system in the worst way possible), the only way to raise this figure would be to alter your content to a type which has a more expensive base price. Gaming videos and also prank videos are as cheap as air these days, due to how many gaming and prank channels exist on YouTube.
u make a good point

Reactions: UKHypnotist