How do I make a good channel trailer and do they work?

Tohamypro

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey I am thinking of spending a lot of time on making a channel trailer, and I have seen some examples but I am not sure of they are worth it.

Reactions: CatsRants

ItsTehShadow

YTtalk's Purple Enthusiast!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Keep it short, under a minute really
Do something to attract the viewers attention within the first 10 seconds if possible
Give an overview of your channel, upload days, what you upload
Make sure to put a subscribe button at the end somewhere
Make sure the audio is clear and the quality as good as possible, this is the first thing people will see so make it count

Theres a few bits and pieces, sure other people will have more :)

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
The only time a channel trailer has worked for me is when I've gotten so sick of seeing it on the same channel that I end up subscribing just to get rid of it lmao.

CatsRants

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Ranter
Hey I am thinking of spending a lot of time on making a channel trailer, and I have seen some examples but I am not sure of they are worth it.

I like the ones which are a load of 'best bits' put together in one quick short video like
AmazingPhil 's one is on his channel! With some catchy music over the top! I think they are worth it, they let people see what your channel is all about in a really short amount of time, without having to watch a load of videos first to see whether they like you or not! :D

CramBoom

Classy Science
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I approached my trailer differently. I gave a little bit of information, how often I upload, what I upload, etc. But I made it dramatic, and I wanted to create an aura of suspense or mystery, so they want to see my other videos. Seems successful so far, I can't be sure though :p.

Marcus "Rediche" Geil

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
A channel trailer should be a priority since everyone got the ability to use the feature.
- Keep it around 30 - 60 seconds long.
- Most info in the first 15 seconds.
- Give an idea what your channel is about.
- Schedule, if you got any.

It is a good idea. It converted 10 people to subscriber for me, which is just about 10% of my subscribers. Don't know how it scale for larger channels, but there's no reason not to have it :)

LuiC

I sing and vlog stuff
Reaction score
Keep it short :)
Around 15-40 seconds is good enough.
I personally have not used channel trailers to explain who I am, etc.
Just a video that will hopefully catch their audience ASAP. :)