How do I get thumbnails like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsaquagemini

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There's a website called canva.com That's what I've been using. Its an easy way to make a thumbnail quick. I actually do have photoshop though but I still can't figure it out. >_<

chrispcgaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There's a website called canva.com That's what I've been using. Its an easy way to make a thumbnail quick. I actually do have photoshop though but I still can't figure it out. >_<
Ya I just made my banner with it, but haven't found any good overlay tuts.

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
It is most likely made in photoshop.
I also hate the fact that you can't buy PS anymore, you have to do a subscription plan. So you don't really own it at all.

Vegar

Reaction score
Actually you can get an older version of Photoshop for free and legally , just look it up.

Cherry Tung

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Photoshop has a rather steep learning curve in my opinion. I always use Canva for my thumbnails, and it works so well! They have YouTube thumbnail templates ready to use, and most of the elements are free! (I personally never paid for anything on that site)

SnowAspire

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
Does anybody know what software I could use to edit my thumbnails like these? These are from LeeandLie's channel, but a bunch of other people seem to be using this template as well and I've been searching all over the place for it with no luck :(

View attachment 38906 View attachment 38908
I personally use an app on my phone. Its called Enlight. I love using it for my thumbnails, especially when I have 2 or more photos I want to take parts from. I know using an app sounds cheap but I am extremity impressed with it. Photoshop will always be a professional (and expensive) option, but I would recommend the Enlight app.

Reactions: Cherry Tung

Heeranee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I use pic monkey for thumbnail £5 monthly. Any other suggestion??

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Looks like Photoshop and it seems relatively simple of a design even as a beginner in Photoshoop, 1 layer for the anime, an overlay (the borders/bars) pen tool and fill for the corners/curves, slap on some text and good to go. I'm sure it takes some practice to get the right shapes and curve angles, but tbh you only need to make it one time right and then just change the colors/add new anime afterwards for future vids.

It's nice anyways, pretty clean. I'm guessing it's from an anime music covers channel or something.
This ^ exactly. Of course if you don't know how to use photoshop it might be confusing so just practice and play around with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.