How do I get more exposure?

SigmaPLUS

Hello Mineturtle.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello YTTalk community!

I've been making commentaries and videos for a few weeks now and I must say, I think I'm doing great! I'm about 2 weeks into this video making gig and got 18 subscribers. Yay! But the problem is, I can't get the views...

My subscribers are definitely watching my video as my new videos are generally like 10-20 views which comes from my subscribers. However, I've been working REALLY hard to advertise my channel. I've been posting on Twitter, Forums like YTTalk and IRC chats!

But, it seems nobody is watching them </3. I've been trying to put out as much quality content as possible for the past week because it's been a very hectic week for me. So what am I doing wrong?!

Please help!

FireshockHD

Gaming review`s fireshock moment
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
m8 exposure does not come over night be patience and keep doing what u are doing it takes time :)

Reactions: Vaholasc

Hatterrific

The Mad Hatter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Nothing. But you have to remember,you won't get famous over night lol. Takes a lot of patience and video making to get somewhere. Do more collabs,interact with other youtubers that have similar sub base as you and such.

Priyam

Taking your iDevice to max
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Reviewer, Designer
Welcome to youtube, you can't just come to youtube and become a star i suppose in a few weeks -_- Some people get either views and little sub(like me) or lots of sub and little views or both for some. But that doesnt really matter, your channel will grow in a few months/ years. It will keep growing. How did smosh become popular? He didn't just come and in a few weeks he became #1 in subs. He joined in 2005 and his pokemon video which got REALLY viral gave him the boost. It's just few weeks back he became #1 in Youtube after 8 years. So your channel keeps growing by time, all you should do is regularly post videos, be active and respond every subscribers untill your small channel become really big.

SigmaPLUS

Hello Mineturtle.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm not asking for like a million subscribers and a million views. I'm asking for like 50 views per video and stuff like that! I see a lot of channels not putting effort into their video, sloppy editing and low volume and stuff like that and they get hundreds of views!

I don't get it :(! What are some ways I can improve myself and promote myself better?

Priyam

Reaction score
Channel Type
I'm not asking for like a million subscribers and a million views. I'm asking for like 50 views per video and stuff like that! I see a lot of channels not putting effort into their video, sloppy editing and low volume and stuff like that and they get hundreds of views!

I don't get it :(! What are some ways I can improve myself and promote myself better?
Yes even 50 requires patience man, just keep actively making videos. But 50 views? eh. I made a new channel of mine month back and i started getting 100 views from the very first day...Be unique is all i can say.

SigmaPLUS

Hello Mineturtle.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yes even 50 requires patience man, just keep actively making videos. But 50 views? eh. I made a new channel of mine month back and i started getting 100 views from the very first day...Be unique is all i can say.
I believe that channel is Xebrie? :O.

I wish I could think of unique things to do. I was thinking of starting a DayZ series where I act as a cop in a city and kill people for being armed ._.

FireshockHD

Gaming review`s fireshock moment
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer

I wish I could think of unique things to do. I was thinking of starting a DayZ series where I act as a cop in a city and kill people for being armed ._.
M8 guys like pewdiepie or smosh did not get tons over night it takes time and even getting 50 is hard there are so many channels out there trying the same dont worry :)

Priyam

Reaction score
Channel Type

Yes, that's right Xebrie. i didn't really mean that xD. But do things first, before everyone actually releases it. That's what i did in my main channel. When Temple run 2 came out, just after 2 hrs i made a guide and right now it has 78k views alone. So if you're into gaming, select something that just recently came out. Don't go sticking to the older games where there are already plenty present. And by unique i mean in GAMING is like...check out Runescape God exposed. I mean they made a game to entertainment and that fetched them 1mil views in each video, so try making creative things like that. Buut on the main be active and never lose hope, its just from now im earning like 1k views a day but b4 the temple run2 video i was just like you people getting 50 views a day.

Reina

YTT's Grey Warden
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Hello YTTalk community!

I've been making commentaries and videos for a few weeks now and I must say, I think I'm doing great! I'm about 2 weeks into this video making gig and got 18 subscribers. Yay! But the problem is, I can't get the views...

My subscribers are definitely watching my video as my new videos are generally like 10-20 views which comes from my subscribers. However, I've been working REALLY hard to advertise my channel. I've been posting on Twitter, Forums like YTTalk and IRC chats!

But, it seems nobody is watching them </3. I've been trying to put out as much quality content as possible for the past week because it's been a very hectic week for me. So what am I doing wrong?!

Please help!
Keep going, buddy! Things never happen instantly. Even when you don't see your view count go up now, it will as long as you keep uploading actively. 2 or 3 times a week is fine. It was like that for me a few months back as well. :)