How do I build a multi-video online course

grNadpa

I have an 11 minute instructional video that I suspect I need to break down into separate 2-minute videos. How can I make sure that they appear in the proper order on my YouTube channel?

This is my first YouTube adventure of any kind.

Upload order should sort it. After that you can create a 'Playlist' in whatever order you please.

How about upload it by order after separating it ?

I agree, Just upload it in the order you want people to see it in. Then like someone else said you can add those videos to a playlist to further make sure people watch it in the order you want. You could also add a number to the title or in the thumbnail in the order you want them watch. Like part one and part two and so on.

The problem you might get is if someone lands on one of the videos in the middle or end of the sequence (via search or suggested videos list).

If that is a problem for you, to prevent that happening, you could make the first video in the course public and then make all the other videos unlisted (not private). You won't be able to put the unlisted videos in a playlist, but you could link to other videos in the sequence using one or many of the following techniques:

-links in the description
-links using cards
-links in the endscreen.

By only making the first video public, people searching or just idly browsing Youtube will always enter the course by the first part.[DOUBLEPOST=1490123777][/DOUBLEPOST]Update:

Having said that, 11 minutes isn't particularly long. If it were me, I'd upload it as 1 video and then link to the individual parts of the timeline in the description.

Example in the description:
0:05 Introduction
1:30 Part one title
3:50 Part two title

(When you write the timelines like that in the description, they will actually be clickable links that will allow the viewers to go straight to the relevant section)

Back