Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

How do i brand and design my channel?

Discussion in 'Branding and Channel Design' started by Gervais Katumba, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Messages:
    Cash:
    $13
    Hey guys!
    I have so many questions about branding and designing my YouTube channel...
    Since i:m still new in YouTube stuff :)
    - About branding
    How do i do? or what things i need to brand my Channel?
    Is it only by doing some videos or there is something else...
    I would appreciate if some one can just explain it to me step by step, it'll really help me a lot...
    - About the design
    When we talk about the channel design, what does it really mean?
    Do i need like a professional poster or ?

Sorry for asking too many things at one...
    You can check my channel then tell me if it's right or i need some other things...

2. Dutchie in England
    Exploring England one video at a time!
    Cash:
    $108
    Hello Gervais!
    To be honest, a lot of you questions could be answered by browsing the Tutorials section of this forum.

But I'll try to give you a quick rundown of things.
    Branding: So to be able to brand yourself, you need to know a few things. What kind of videos are you making? Vlogs, travel videos, opinions, music, reactions? Who is your audience? What are their demographics? Age, gender, geography, etc. What are you offering to you audience? So what will your content offer them and why will they get it from you? (brand promise). And after this you can think about logo's, catchphrases, etc.

Design: Design is mostly related to the visual aspect of your channel, so your banner, avatar, thumbnails, end screen, etc. However, you can also think in terms of what kind of channel trailer you use and how and where you place your videos on your channel page.

I hope this helped a bit! If you're really new to this stuff, I just recommend you to start reading A LOT. There are also quite a lot of YT videos on these topics ;)

3. Messages:
    Cash:
    $13
    Thx a lot Duchie!!
    about my channel, it's about music and drums since i'm a drummer :)
    I really appreciate the fact that you took time to explain this stuff to me...
    i still so new on YouTube posting things.
    but i hope i'll still get to understand it very well

I'll still asking some few things in times to came, hope to get some details :)

Dutchie in England likes this.
  4. Dutchie in England
    Cash:
    $108
    That's fine, ask away! But I do encourage you to write all these things down. After you do that, you might discover some gaps in your story. It helps you to ask much more specific questions :)
    Also, I just gave quite a elaborate description on how to determine your niche in another topic. I can't post a link, sadly, but it is in the Reviews & Channel Feedback board, the topic is called Niche. Might help you as well :)

Gervais Katumba likes this.
  5. Messages:
    Cash:
    $13
    I've just checked your Channel...
    question one: how do you do to put your video to be played one someone visit your channel? :)

6. Dutchie in England
    Cash:
    $108
    Ah, I only recently found out that one! I hadn't used the function before. Go to you channel page and click the little wheel icon which is next to the subscribe button. Then enable the 'customize the layout of your channel' thingy and tadaa! You can select for both new vistors and for returning visitors which video they'll see. Don't forget to click the 'add a section' button on the bottom of the page to add the recent uploads and popular videos to the page.

7. Messages:
    Cash:
    $13
    Awesome! Let me go and check! :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 25, 2017, Original Post Date: Aug 24, 2017 ---
    I've tried! But I still don't if it has really work... :(

8. Dave2017
    Get The Picture?
    Cash:
    $13
    Hi and welcome:)
    Just checked out your channel and I think a new banner and maybe a logo would do a lot for your channel:up2:

9. Dutchie in England
    Cash:
    $108
    It doesn't show up for me indeed. Have you selected a channel trailer? You can just choose one of your excisting videos.

I agree with Dave though, The avatar is pretty cool, but it doesn't pop on the banner. It kinda gets lost in al the grey.

10. Messages:
    Cash:
    $13
    Ooo thx a lot Dave...
    So what type of banner you think it can work for my channel?
    And about the logo, I'm still thinking about...
    I have a very good picture but I'm a bit limited :(
    But I'll be doing it soon:)
    Thank you for contributing in my life guys, I really appreciate.
    And don't stop correcting me, that's how I'll learn :)