How do I avoid being boring?

Toni Bee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi all! So my channel is about news thats only positive and cute and I can't pump out videos as fast like Philip Defranco and its hard to come across cute news that super current and click bait-y. I've had the same process for a while now: cute animal of the day, some random thing, then promoting another youtuber. I think people will get bored eventually and I don't always have a good bit to insert in the middle.

I try to keep my videos around 7 minutes maximum 10 so my segments aren't very long either. Anyone have any ideas of cute positive 'news-like' segments? I'd appreciate any ideas!

Riddikore

Overseer of Earth Realm
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You could browse Reddit for a bunch of cute or perhaps inspirational news items that aren't getting a lot of attention. Or even maybe some that are. You might also consider focusing a segment on cute news from a specific country, random each time to reach an international audience.

Engagements, weddings, babies and baby showers. Dating in general. Maybe cute arts and crafts such as those on Pintrest or Etsy. Like a project spotlight. Collectibles. Of course, hopefully you find a way to take advantage of Valentine's Day coming up soon!

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hi all! So my channel is about news thats only positive and cute and I can't pump out videos as fast like Philip Defranco and its hard to come across cute news that super current and click bait-y. I've had the same process for a while now: cute animal of the day, some random thing, then promoting another youtuber. I think people will get bored eventually and I don't always have a good bit to insert in the middle.

I try to keep my videos around 7 minutes maximum 10 so my segments aren't very long either. Anyone have any ideas of cute positive 'news-like' segments? I'd appreciate any ideas!
Well there are a few less known pet channels in here if you want animal of the day, I'm one of them. Just search for "dogs" or something pet related and I'm sure you'll see a conversation with quite a few channels in here.

Do random weird facts in the middle or something...

Reactions: Toni Bee

xxheathermarie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Go onto google and type in words like "inspirational, optimistic, exciting, etc." and go to the news tab. Cover any of those stories.

ImSoLugo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah.. Most news related media often cover negative aspects of life. So your channel is a breath of fresh air in that regard. Why don't you widen the range on what you consider current or follow some websites that try to promote positive news. sunnyskyz.com is one website like that. Don't be afraid of experimenting though, just because your channel is called cute news doesn't mean it always has to be cute y'know. All positive news can be cute if you add your own spin to it. :)

Turk-Lvlone

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would say just do plenty of research, I know for my video ideas I come across lots of different sites that I didn't know about before while searching for keywords online. Your videos won't be boring as long as you find them interesting because it'll show through, your viewers will notice the quality and effort you put into your videos.

Reactions: FRANKIEandEMILY

Toni Bee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah.. Most news related media often cover negative aspects of life. So your channel is a breath of fresh air in that regard. Why don't you widen the range on what you consider current or follow some websites that try to promote positive news. sunnyskyz.com is one website like that. Don't be afraid of experimenting though, just because your channel is called cute news doesn't mean it always has to be cute y'know. All positive news can be cute if you add your own spin to it. :)
Oh cool thanks! I don't know a lot of websites like that so thanks for the info! And yeah I don't just stick to cute puppies of kittens, next week I have one about a graphic novel called rebels about the founding of America haha :D[DOUBLEPOST=1486179967,1486179752][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would say just do plenty of research, I know for my video ideas I come across lots of different sites that I didn't know about before while searching for keywords online. Your videos won't be boring as long as you find them interesting because it'll show through, your viewers will notice the quality and effort you put into your videos.
Ok cool thanks! I'm just starting to realize how hard it is to put research into something you really want to do right. Thanks for your advice!

StraightUpIrish

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Just keep on searching the web with the appropriate keywords you want to use in your videos and see if something sparks your mind :)