How do channels like Gameranx get away with monetizing their videos?

Gourmet Gamer

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Fair use is quite a hard thing to be certain on so I don't think I'd ever be 100%. Will probably leave it, rather be safe than sorry and see my videos taken down.
Yeah, I have never filled an appeal because honestly, they have lawyers, power and money, and I dont.

Robot Elixir

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Just a guess, but with 3 million subs they've likely got an agreement or a licence via their network.

Gourmet Gamer

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just a guess, but with 3 million subs they've likely got an agreement or a licence via their network.
Probably true but they didnt start with 3 million subs. At some point they had to have gotten strikes.

Clam-

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There is a difference between 3rd party claims and copyright strikes. They might have dozens of videos hit with 3rd party claims and whoever claimed them will likely have monetization enabled. That means you will still see ads but won't really know who is the one getting that ad revenue. You probably know that, but I'm only pointing this out as a possibility as well. :)

velocity

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There is a difference between 3rd party claims and copyright strikes. They might have dozens of videos hit with 3rd party claims and whoever claimed them will likely have monetization enabled. That means you will still see ads but won't really know who is the one getting that ad revenue. You probably know that, but I'm only pointing this out as a possibility as well. :)
Oh yeah, I know, it's copyright claims as opposed to a strike. I believe in my case they are still stopping me making money but aren't getting any ad revenue themselves, strangely.

Gourmet Gamer

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is true as well. I have stopped playing music in the background of my videos for this very reason. Its b******t.