How did you learn to edit?

HalieCakes

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Self taught..Lots of Youtube videos and scouring the internet for hours. Trial and error works pretty well too.

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I took video production classes in college, even though I studied art history. Lmao.

Dannyboy314

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
At the beginning, I used youtube a lot. Especially because all of the programs I use are from Adobe: Photoshop, After effects, Premiere, and Audition. but now that I know the basics of it, I mostly try and figure out stuff by myself, unless I'm really stumped then I'll go to youtube or Adobe forums to find the answer.

Chris Raynerson

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I first learned when I just pulled up iMovie and started creating videos for YouTube in 2007. I got to learn Final Cut Pro in Film class in High School. Learned about Adobe Premiere Pro and a tiny bit on Avid in College.

Shramp

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I learned editing by trying to replicate other peoples videos. Now I often look around for new effects I should apply to my videos and I keep improving them like that

JayPlays

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i grabbed a small video of myself and a game, loaded them into Sony Vegas and literally turned and tweaked everything and began to learn what does what :)

Sajwal Pageni

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Our computer teacher at high school was very much generous. He went behind the course book and taught us video editing with iMovie and now I am very gladful of him

Xanderin

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
well i started up not even knowing about to record my clips about 4 month ago since then i've just done guess work and watched a lot of youtube video's to learn everything i know just mess around a bit you'll start to learn a lot

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I'm still learning.. Whenever there is something specific I want to learn, I'll search for some youtube HowTo videos.. One of the biggest things I've done to help is when I see something on TV (usually a TV commercial or music video) with some element (lighting/text/special effect/whatever) that I like I will challenge myself to make a video emulating/copying it.. Sometimes I pull it off..Sometimes I realize i need a lot more practice.

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I learned Photoshop and all of the Adobe interfaces are similar so it wasn't too difficult for me to pick up on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk