How did you learn to edit?

Ky Lives

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Video copilot is great for after effects, although it's a little outdated. Also surfaced studio.

BanterDays

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've had a mac for ages and always played around on that with small clips. Now I am starting to improve my editing so might need to upgrade programs.

I am also starting to watch tutorials and stuff to increase my knowledge.

MrBigTAnderson

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I actually had a program on another computer that I wont be able to use anymore so I will be learning my new program like I learned the older one. Experience plain and simple.If I have questions find forums or videos and after that just go for it .

DigiCorner

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I started off with Windows Movie Maker. Played around with it for a bit. Learned basic effects and cuts and whatnot. Then when I started to get into more - shall we say - advanced features like adding background music and text on top and multiple audio tracks etc... I moved to a more complex but still relatively simple software program called I believe CyberLink PowerDirect or something like that. That served as the kind of in-between from Movie Maker to Sony Vegas which is what I use now. By the time I was using Sony Vegas however, I was in college learning 3D Animation which required some complex editing techniques and classes so that really helped. Other than that, I still just played around and learnt as I went. Building on top of what I knew and slowly adding more and more to my videos.

DanDaAussie

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Lots and lots of tutorials and analysing videos. I know JustAlexHalford has a good Sony Vegas series.

S.A.D

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
you wanna know how to edit? the power of youtube my friend, thats how. whenever i have a qeustion about how to do a certain action BOOM! youtube helps me out. the interent is a powerful thing

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I learned through YouTube and Googling. Before that, used Windows Movie Maker until I realized the videos produced were too plain.

DanAwesomeStuff

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Self taught. But I often youtube tutorials for iMovie if I get stuck or want to try out something new :)

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
YouTube videos, written articles and trial and error.

Pheelyks

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
College. I have a bachelor's in Communications.