How did you learn to edit?

James Larsen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I started about 3 years ago when I was 12, just making short little stupid things. Over time I've gotten better and better, and am still getting better (mainly because I'm starting youtube).
I use Final Cut Pro X.

UnicycleFight

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I love Adobe Premiere and their site has a ton of tutorials, other than that YouTube is a goldmine.

Nebojsa032

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Actually, i was always interested in editing. I watched some tutorials, and i did something myself, tried many times, explore around the program. I edit in Sony Vegas and my opinion is that it is the best editing software available right now. It is relatively simple, it works fast...:biggrin:

hatlesschimp

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just keep playing with the software and you will learn. Im only now starting to get the hang of Photoshop but my Premier skills are already at a satifactory level so ive become lazy and havent pushed the boundries there for a while.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Skeltano

The Best YouTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Part of it was YouTube tutorials for the basics but mostly it was trial and error and just messing around in Vegas when I was bored.

Tyron Fedrick

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Start by having a good editing software. I've always used Sony Vegas. They have "Show Me How" tools that will help you along the way.

I never had a video production class but have been editing for the past 10 years. During that time, I've seen how other YouTubers edited their videos and I picked up on it. And you already know there's numerous of videos on YT that'll show step by step tutorials on how to help make your video stand out with editing tips and tricks :)

Shawn Gossman

Reaction score
I went to Best Buy, bought Pinnacle Studio 20 (over $100) and dove in. So far, I'm not impressed. I'm considering a different editing software but don't really know which to try out.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I learned from YouTube videos!

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
I had windows movie maker and that's pretty simple and self explanatory. But once I got a new program, its always sitting there and learning which buttons do what and how everything works. I've always been a self-taught type of person so that's how I learn.

ggdeeofficial

EZ Game EZ Life
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
took up new media design in college. everything before then was all linear editing haha. well... rewinding to the exact spot and overwriting it lol.