How did you guys get your name out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tac0cann0n

I have been creating content for a few months now but I've had trouble attracting new viewers and growing the channel. I'd say that the quality of my content is decent, but I just don't have the networking to grow the channel. What ways have you guys used to help grow your channel? I'd love feedback on my content if you want to check it out as well.

I find that this site helps somewhat, however making friends in the youtube community is a must.
Growing on your own is extremely hard work, but growing with multiple people is easier, especially if you all help share each others content to new people.

I find that this site helps somewhat, however making friends in the youtube community is a must.
Growing on your own is extremely hard work, but growing with multiple people is easier, especially if you all help share each others content to new people.
I keep hearing that this is the way to do it and I am totally up for it, but it seems like everyone I approach (who have similar subscriber counts) never respond or seem interested. What do you think? Have you had any luck with networking?

I did when i first started a few years ago. I've taken quite a lot of time of recently so i'll need to start again soon. Just keep at it man, grow friendships the natural way. Watch someones video, maybe comment and follow them on social media and just chat to them a little to start with. Dont be too pushy, cos most people dont like randomers coming up to them and asking to be friends haha

I did when i first started a few years ago. I've taken quite a lot of time of recently so i'll need to start again soon. Just keep at it man, grow friendships the natural way. Watch someones video, maybe comment and follow them on social media and just chat to them a little to start with. Dont be too pushy, cos most people dont like randomers coming up to them and asking to be friends haha
Good advice! I always try and find the happy medium of being friendly and being too pushy. Either way, I hope that I'll have some luck soon! So long as people keep finding and viewing my videos I'll be happy

I am not sure we are exactly "out there" but we've got few evergreen videos in past and these keep the views and subs coming (we are almost pure Japanese channel btw).

I am not sure we are exactly "out there" but we've got few evergreen videos in past and these keep the views and subs coming (we are almost pure Japanese channel btw).
That's awesome! Do you ever collaborate with other content creators? I'm curious about if networking is something I want to do

Keeping at it is my best advice. When people say to befriend YouTube creators, it's not an immediate, "Hi, I make YouTube videos so come check out my channel," which I see a lot of. I tend to comment on people's videos for a long time before even mentioning I have a channel, and they usually find out on their own after enough comments. it

There's also many types of social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc.) to promote from. And forums like this one and Reddit and YouTube forums and Google+ forums, etc. I also publish all my videos on my personal blog.

It takes a lot of time and effort and can feel like you're making no progress at all sometimes, but eventually, you make progress. The main thing is to not give up before it starts to take hold. I see that a lot from new creators who expect to have lots and lots of success after 3-4 months.

Keeping at it is my best advice. When people say to befriend YouTube creators, it's not an immediate, "Hi, I make YouTube videos so come check out my channel," which I see a lot of. I tend to comment on people's videos for a long time before even mentioning I have a channel, and they usually find out on their own after enough comments. it

There's also many types of social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc.) to promote from. And forums like this one and Reddit and YouTube forums and Google+ forums, etc. I also publish all my videos on my personal blog.

It takes a lot of time and effort and can feel like you're making no progress at all sometimes, but eventually, you make progress. The main thing is to not give up before it starts to take hold. I see that a lot from new creators who expect to have lots and lots of success after 3-4 months.
This is a really decent point. I feel like being genuine in your approach will help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back