how did you guys get your first 100 subscribers?

TheGamingHeretic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Consistency.. I know it sounds crazy but.. Well being consistent.. refining a product.. Etc Etc. Not on this channel, but my other one that I was doing. Collabs and response vids help /alot/ to.

Reactions: JohnKenShow

JohnKenShow

The YTTalk Godfather
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
Consistency.. I know it sounds crazy but.. Well being consistent.. refining a product.. Etc Etc. Not on this channel, but my other one that I was doing. Collabs and response vids help /alot/ to.
This of course is the fall back if things go bad with Youtubelious... and trust me they can go bad.. ask Vicboss

Shoninyastube

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
hello guys,
It's proeskoet.

I just wanted to ask something.
I have no idea on where to start when you're trying to build an audience. So my question to you guys is, How did you gain your first 100 (active) subscribers?

It could really help me out.

thanks for your attention.

- proeskoet -
at the beginning i never thought about adience. i just played some game, commentary that and published on youtube. till now, ive done not really promotion.
ive done that because i had fun with that. for me youtube was just a box where i could put my stuff in. (dropbox meaning). and thats a good reasons i think.

dont do that to get audience or money. fun & a lot of time you will need!

GrimDelta

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I started back in January, and I am having serious difficulties getting subs, It's crazy, I'm from Ireland so it's very hard to gain an audience at all, I upload everyday, but it's not too big an issue for me, as I enjoy making them :)

Accurize

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Since my channel is a gaming channel, I asked one of my favorite youtuber (sacriel42) what his advise was starting out. I initially asked, "when you started out did you worry about search engine rankings for your videos?" He was kind enough to reply and stated he did not worry about SEO at all. Just focus on making QUALITY videos and promoting them on forums, Facebook, twitter and any other social media you can think of. I took his advise to heart and it has paid off. I've only had a channel for a few months but I have a loyal fan base and my stats are steadily and exponentially improving. So my advise QUALITY and they will watch and sub.

Wreckless Eating

YouTube Space LA Alumni
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Given the quality of our crappy videos back then, I would say that getting our first 100 subscribers was either due to dumb luck or pity.

Thomas Plant

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I got my first 100 subs just purely from uploading videos.
My videos aren't great and are basically just some standard gameplay but I think as long as you enjoy the videos that you put on youtube, others will aswell!

There are 1000's of channels out there that I don't like but that's the great thing about youtube.
There are channels for everyone, so keep up the good work buddy !

atypicalvideo

i don't even
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
On my gaming channel, I was featured on a bigger youtuber's community channel (a sort of promotion thing). I gained my first 1,200 subscribers from that.