How did you grow your channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feathers

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Pretty much this, sub4sub subscribers won't watch any content at all you put up, they only subscribe cause you did it to them. Besides if you do it to much and say have 200 subs but only 3 views on you're video it will just look bad. And as stated they will most likely unsubscribe at some point.
This is true, I didn't think of that at all D: It does look bad when someone has loads of subscribers but barely any views :/

BobbyKryptonite

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I share the links to my videos around on a lot of social media platforms, I join facebook groups that are relevant to what the video is about and post there, for instance, I have made a lot of 80s BMX videos lately, so I have shared links around in a lot of 80s BMX groups. I also share on forums dedicated to the topic.

I attend events relevant to what I am making videos about and hand out flyers for my channel, last summer I went to a small cycling festival, taking with me a 1970s bicycle that got a lot of attention and I handed out my flyers to people who talked to me about the bike. I do similar things at skateparks, it has got me a fair few subs. My bike channel currently has 138 subs. I hope this helps :)

Reactions: Feathers

Steve0192

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Growth for me has been slow and steady. I don't really have any tricks apart from the usual "put content up on a regular schedule".

For me, the best growth in the long term has come from video's that are evergreen. These are slow burning, but generate views all the time.

Saying that, I've never had a viral video, so doing know how that really affects things.

Steve

AntoNeo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm really interested in people's stories, even if your channel is still small or it's huge, what do you do or what did you do to grow your channel? :D

It may help others and it's defiantly interesting to see other people's point of view!

I'm not sure if this is the best place to put it but hey. ^^;
I was stuck around 34 subscribers all last month, but the past 2 days I've grown up to 40!

The thing I did differently this week than all last month was comment more to a lot of different channels that I like and start conversations, I find that people are naturally curious and just want to check you out if you're witty enough

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I personally think the best way to grow early on is to get out there and promote your channel. You cannot rely on SEO nor the algorithm to do you any favors because you're not favorable in the first place. Do whatever you can to get your name out there, whether that's posting on Facebook, trying reddit, commenting on other channels (avoid saying things like "Hey come check out my channel." Just comment), or reaching out to larger channels. Too many people here fall back on the belief that one day, they will just "blow up" when the possibility of that happen is very very low.

TechSpotJosh

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I started my channel a little under three weeks ago. I'm currently at 31 subscribers and hoping to go. I think what has really helped with my channel growth is my participation in the communities that I am apart of. There are a bunch of Facebook groups that i'm in that are literally link drops and no one is active and no one visits the videos that are dropped there. It's communities like this that get your channel noticed. The odd person from here is going to check you out and go hey, this person is pretty talented! Maybe they can give me some advice. Given my background in the broadcasting industry I try to provide people with as much constructive criticism with regards to any technical stuff with content creation. HOWEVER, I am horrible at this social media thing. I really hope to learn more from everyone on how to be active in communities that are relevant to the content you produce. I personally think this is the best way to make your channel grow.

CandyPhantom

"Random" is my second name
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I personally think the best way to grow early on is to get out there and promote your channel. You cannot rely on SEO nor the algorithm to do you any favors because you're not favorable in the first place. Do whatever you can to get your name out there, whether that's posting on Facebook, trying reddit, commenting on other channels (avoid saying things like "Hey come check out my channel." Just comment), or reaching out to larger channels. Too many people here fall back on the belief that one day, they will just "blow up" when the possibility of that happen is very very low.
This legit motivated me to do more. After reading this, I joined other gaming groups on other communities and just went crazy being social. Promotion is where I'm bad at because I'm like to keep to myself. Obviously that will never get my content out there, so now I'm trying my best to promote on all sorts of social media platforms

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
This legit motivated me to do more. After reading this, I joined other gaming groups on other communities and just went crazy being social. Promotion is where I'm bad at because I'm like to keep to myself. Obviously that will never get my content out there, so now I'm trying my best to promote on all sorts of social media platforms
I'm glad you're giving a shot. Just make sure you stay persistent. There will be times where you feel like all the social engagements or extra work is not getting you anywhere. Don't let these points stop you from continuing.

Reactions: CandyPhantom

Kyle Laughlin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I saw a lot of people saying they post to social media, I do the same but that's just for friends and family who are interested in checking things out, not so much to grow. The thing I did that seemed to really help was Google Adwords, I stopped advertising my videos when I stopped creating vlogs, then started up gaming videos without adwords and saw the adverse effects. My audience reach was not nearly as far. If you want to grow I'd set up a cheap adwords, I think I did mine $1 a day or something like that and it promoted 30-40 clicks per day to my channel.

Don't get me wrong I love adwords, and the $1 a day wasn't even noticeable but something just didn't settle right with me paying for something so many grow naturally. So here I am, vlogger turned gamer just trying to grow my channel at the rate it used to haha.

TylersMagic

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've shared my videos on social media, facebook, twitter, snapchat, instagram. The last two being harder to track the effectiveness of. I'd bring up my channel to people in person and have them check it out. I've shared on reddit /r/magic and /r/youtubers. I think I ran a small adwords campaign a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.