Status
Not open for further replies.
I just kept uploading and then one day one of my vids blew up out of no where. I think mainly due to the 'clickbait' thumbnail.
It has made me become more and more focused and dedicated to the channel since seeking my next vid to blow up.
Hey I wanted to see you channel and realized you don't want to share your channel details, and that put the smile on my face. So i want to ask how long is past from channel opening when that vid blow up? How many videos you had in that moment? And tell me little more about that clickbait thumbnail :)? Thank yo

The best thing that has worked for me is naturally occurring comments coupled with strong branding. By that I mean I'm everywhere like a rash watching a lot of food videos. Because that's the content I enjoy. I comment a lot because I just like the videos not because I spam and say stupid things like 'check out my channel' I've gained over half my subscribers so far just off the back of genuine comments I've left. Obviously the content matters but I also think my my strong bold logo and graphics have something to do with it, it makes me look professional. I'm not professional of course, I'm a weird idiot that warms up food! But it works lol.

I'm not professional of course, I'm a weird idiot that warms up food! But it works lol.

Haha, you are a really funny dude ;-)

Thank you guys for all the insight. It helps me fine-tune my channel management.
I startet my channel a few years ago but just a few months ago I started to follow a plan and put much more work into my channel. Now everything is set for super fresh start into 2017.
Im currently only at 33 Subs. But they are all genuine Subscribers. My Channel is all about Action/Adventure. So I also earned the subs with authentic comments in the Adventure Community. Also Instagram helped me a lot to find new potential fans. I started to like their pictures and engaged with them following with a 1+ sub in most cases.
We are now out to film new footage that has all to be edited. Then I will be able to upload more consistently.
Also I want to engage in this forum much more to learn all about Youtube. Im sorry but english is not my native language, hope you understand everything.[

Hello! I'm Sonya.I'm from Ukraine. My channel 6 month old. My channel for kids. I was trying preroll and post roll on other channel is most best promotion,but high cost. I pay real viewers, but is small and not effectively for grow channel. I can recommed promotion on other channel only. (((

Hello! I'm Sonya.I'm from Ukraine. My channel 6 month old. My channel for kids. I was trying preroll and post roll on other channel is most best promotion,but high cost. I pay real viewers, but is small and not effectively for grow channel. I can recommed promotion on other channel only. (((

This is an interesting way to do it, do you mean you pay for promotion on another's channel?

I've mostly been promoting on social media and submitting stories to gaming related sites, it's been a slow and steady build up but I enjoy it.

So my channel has always been in a weird spot.
My channel was originally called gamingmatters but got changed a few months down the road because there was another user who had a channel called gaming matters as well.

That said I started doing lets play videos of some of my old favorite games and playing scary games but I soon realize I was not being 100% genuine so I quite doing them for the purpose of doing them or trying to be a markiplier.

This said... My channel started growing a night I was bored and created EvilElmo. Made a dumb video that my gf suggested using my dumb elmo voice..and BOOOOM, video exploded. It reached 20k after 1 month and by now is near 50k.

So I said to myself...I got something here, so I been doing elmo videos ever since. Shortly after my first vid, people asked for more and by people I mean maybe 5? and BOOM now that video is the one you see under this post "elmo is hungry" and so far its almost 100k soon, I think is on 70k?

I normally post my videos on forums related to that game, I just don't post it, I make the video with the idea in mind that I am helping someone by doing X video, in my case I been doing How to build videos on Castle Story, because I love that game and it gives me the excuse to post without looking like i am promoting myself but in all honesty this one yields subscribers every now and then.

So far my elmo vids are what people love about my channel, everything else that I put my hard work on bearly reach 100 views, while a dumb a** half a** lazy a** made video using elmo doll...gets me tons of traffic lol. So I am using it to grow my channel but iven with all of this and telling people to sub on the vids and all that I have made:
100 subs from jan 2015 to jan 2016
300 subs from 1/12/16 to 9/01/16
and 451 today 02/28/17

Hey! I just took a look at your channel Feathers (because I'm nosey) and it looks really good, so I subscribed. I can't imagine you'll have trouble growing it.

I only have around 80 subscribers at the moment, but I'm always interested in hearing the ways other people help their channels to grow so thought I'd put in my bit! Whenever I upload a video I tweet it out, share it on Tumblr, StumbleUpon and Google+. I don't know how much this does, but I do know it sends a little bit of traffic to the videos. I also try and comment on other people's videos and get conversations going; again, I don't know how many people would see my comment and then head on over and watch a video, but it's doing no harm.

Has anyone tried AdWords for their videos? I know it's a pretty guaranteed way to get the view count up (though I doubt it does much for watch time overall, but a video that shows as having more views is more likely to attract new viewers I guess) but is it a beneficial way to get subscribers?
i have actually used adwords before. It helped bring my views up like 500 a day but somedays it wouldnt even get me 1 sub. The thing about ad words is I dont know exaclty what part of the video they show to who watches it. your allowed to skip an ad after 5 seconds so if google just shows a boring part of your video for the first 5 seconds then its a waste of money. so in my opinon id only use ad words for a very short video like under 1 min

i have actually used adwords before. It helped bring my views up like 500 a day but somedays it wouldnt even get me 1 sub. The thing about ad words is I dont know exaclty what part of the video they show to who watches it. your allowed to skip an ad after 5 seconds so if google just shows a boring part of your video for the first 5 seconds then its a waste of money. so in my opinon id only use ad words for a very short video like under 1 min
you're using the in display ad.. i would only use the instream ad instead. the one that shows up at the top right side above the related videos. so at least your 500 views are mostly from people who are curious enough about the content of your video to click on it and watch some portion of it.

the 5 second auto play is kind of a waste. where 500 views are from most people who are probably not interested in your video anyways.

DOUBLEPOST=1488379179,1488379132][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is an interesting way to do it, do you mean you pay for promotion on another's channel?

Hello!Yes,i pay for advice my channel on big channel. 70 dollars for 1 pastroll. Big channel has 100000subscribers.
This promotions brings me >1000 subscr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back