Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really interested in people's stories, even if your channel is still small or it's huge, what do you do or what did you do to grow your channel? :D

It may help others and it's defiantly interesting to see other people's point of view!

I'm not sure if this is the best place to put it but hey. ^^;

Post to all the places under a YouTube video (Share) for about three months, then you should see what brings in traffic and what doesn't. After that just post in places that bring you traffic.

Be very careful with reddit.

Post to all the places under a YouTube video (Share) for about three months, then you should see what brings in traffic and what doesn't. After that just post in places that bring you traffic.

Be very careful with reddit.

That's a good idea! Did you have a bad experience with Reddit?
I feel like sub4sub doesn't work. I mean, it may get you a few subscribers in the beginning but as a whole other people see it as annoying and it would definitely put me off a channel, and make me not want to check it out, if I saw they were begging for subs.

Also, I feel like sub4sub subscribers aren't loyal watchers and are probably going to unsubscribe eventually. Though it's difficult I feel I'd rather than genuine people subscribing that enjoyed my content, rather than people just trying to get their numbers up.

Yeah I think I'd feel the same way, I HATE when people beg for views and stuff or just promote their stuff in your safe, it's really annoying! I just wanted to find out if it works for SEO for YouTube. Also subscribed back to you, I like your content XD

I'm really interested in people's stories, even if your channel is still small or it's huge, what do you do or what did you do to grow your channel? :D

It may help others and it's defiantly interesting to see other people's point of view!

I'm not sure if this is the best place to put it but hey. ^^;
Streaming boosted my channel but that seems to not work anymore I grew Over 300 subs over the course of January now I'm stuck XD

That's a good idea! Did you have a bad experience with Reddit?

Well, no its really easy to use reddit as long as you post to the right subreddits.

Make sure to read everything on the right hand side of each subreddit, and you can see which posts link back too YouTube.

I also as you post new uploads to social networks. Use tubebuddy, trust me that is very usefull tool. With that you can see how your idols think :) . Comment on other videos from your branch. Be active on this forum, many cool people will come to check your channel and maybe subscribe. Put relevant tags, long description with keywords. Keywords you can find in adwords without paying for it. And for me if you thinking to pay adwords, bad investment. That is my opinion. And make playlists with your videos plus other top YouTubers from your branch. Because in that way people will find you a lot easier. Wish you best luck :)

I grew my channel by promoting on social media and putting a lot of work into my videos, I'm only at 63 subs atm but I'm making progress

Well, my main thing is self promotion. My channel is a gaming channel, so a lot of the games we play will use certain hashtags, or have a forum where you can promote your content, so we will usually post it on there. We are active on twitter also, not so much facebook, usually just upload our videos to there. As well as that, using reddit seems to help a lot as well, joining discords related to YouTube growth also helps.

We are only at 42 subscribers, been doing content creating for 2 months now, so I guess 42 subs is a good return for 2 months?

I've never forced someone to subscribe, nor done sub4sub type of things, all my subscribers are geniunely gained by them finding our videos. Sometimes? I just wing it. Oddly, for fun, we both created ourselves snapbacks with our logo and our channel name on the side of the cap, weirdly someone actually subscribed, so I guess advertising yourself works also.

I've just started YT and I'm actually enjoying the struggle of trying to get subs hah! Is it me or the low numbers is where all the struggle is at? Kind of seems its easier to earn more money when you have money to begin with (capital investement). Good luck everyone !

I've just started YT and I'm actually enjoying the struggle of trying to get subs hah! Is it me or the low numbers is where all the struggle is at? Kind of seems its easier to earn more money when you have money to begin with (capital investement). Good luck everyone !
Xaxaxa you are right. Always is easier to earn money when you already have the money. On YouTube the key thing is to have quality content, that is the base. Then you must learn with time to grow. And if you are persistant you will become the champion maybe not now but in 6 month or year. But you will for sure. So be patience, learn and you will grow. Best luck

I just kept uploading and then one day one of my vids blew up out of no where. I think mainly due to the 'clickbait' thumbnail.
It has made me become more and more focused and dedicated to the channel since seeking my next vid to blow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back