How did you get your channel name?

ItsMegan2

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I got mine, which is It'sMegan because I was like, "Hey, I'm going to be saying It's Megan in my intro, so why not make it my name?!"

B.A.H.B

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hahah! Sooo for us when we first thought of the idea of creating a gaming channel we thought of stuff like Gamenoids (due to our b-boy crew called Flavanoids) and Gamers With Attitude(Due to the recent movie Straight Out Of Compton). But in the end both those name were taken and Ben randomly suggest B.A.H.B where it was a combination of the four of us Ben, Alonzo, Han, and Bruce. But what was cool is this name created the entire branding of our channel! Every time when we went to b-boy practice we use a slogan "We Don't Get Tired!" to motivate us. So naturally that caught on for us to put into our channel. Then having the channel name B.A.H.B it literally created our logo. Since sheep's makes the noise "baa ah" and then taking inspiration of Bo-beep sheep's from Toy Story where the three headed sheep's were together. Han took that design and made it to represent all of us, how we are always together under one wool or in this scenario house, where we play video games and discuss ideas! In case you guys missed the connection, our sheep logo and our slogan is a little of play on word. So I'am pretty sure we all grew up hearing that counting sheep will put you to sleep but we made it that us as sheep's, will always be exciting and love to have fun!
Anyway that's how our channel name was created. Sorry for this block of paragraph but thought it was funny to think of how we created our channel name and how it magically linked with everything.

Last edited:

LaseRain

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've created my Channel Name while storm. A big one. And i love them. I just love standing next to the window and look at the lights ^-^
That's why there is Rain. I like the sound of rain when i'm inside my home :3
And laser.. I just like lasers ^-^ they're cool. That's it :D And it fits in my Nick. Laser + Rain = LaseRain ^-^

TheCuttingRoomFloor

Reaction score
The UK, I've gotta get out of here at some point.
Channel Type
Director
Mine is two things:

It's a reference to the way film was edited before digital editing came along. The editors would get the reels of film from the film director and sit down in the cutting room and edit the film. During this time any footage that was deemed unnecessary, unworthy or unusable was cut from the film and thrown onto the floor of the cutting room to be thrown away. So any unused footage ended up on the floor of the cutting room, or, the cutting room floor.

Second is pure self-deprecation.

I don't remember when I came up with it but I distinctly remember rushing through a shower to register the channel so I would have the name/account for when I needed it. youtube.com/tcrf and youtube.com/thecuttingroomfloor were taken, I was originally going to name it either:

TheCuttingRoomFloorTV or
TheCuttingRoomFloorFilms

But they are simply too long and a viewer could just get bored typing it out, meaning that the never come to my channel, so thus TCRFFilms was born.

Tybobobo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Many people use name generators, nicknames, their real name or some variation.. But some people just seem to pull their names out of thin air.
I was curious as to how some of you guys came up with your names, the process, your inspiration, and so on.
*Edited* We came up with our name idea when we were talking about something that described us both, after looking around on the internet, we found the word Fudgel: "Pretending to work, when you're not actually doing anything at all." fit us perfectly, being the procrastinators we are.

Thanks!
I just played around with words until I got a name that returned 0 search results on YouTube (thus being 100% original).
There are no longer 0 search results on YouTube :)

Daaave

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Lol, this thread is great. My name was kinda prescribed to me by my friends, one day someone randomly called me DAAAAVE out of the blue, and rom then on whenever I enter any builds at school or where there are friends in there's almost always a simultaneous chorus of DAAAAAVE :D

thenguyenlife

The Nguyen Life Vlogs
Reaction score
Hello.
I am fairly new here, but wanted to be more active. My user name is my email address, but for my vlogs I am branding my channel with The Nguyen Life. It is basically what it says, its my families life.

V3XL0R

Personifying Music Since 1994
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Animator
Many people use name generators, nicknames, their real name or some variation.. But some people just seem to pull their names out of thin air.
I was curious as to how some of you guys came up with your names, the process, your inspiration, and so on.
*Edited* We came up with our name idea when we were talking about something that described us both, after looking around on the internet, we found the word Fudgel: "Pretending to work, when you're not actually doing anything at all." fit us perfectly, being the procrastinators we are.

Thanks!
When I first did YouTube, I took my last name, the word "official" and combined the two. At the time, it seemed convenient because I didn't know what to call my channel. When I started my music career, I was on a Skype session with a friend and we were both throwing out names and such. Eventually, after playing around with names, we came up with something. Afterwards, as in about a year or two after I had started my music career, that's when I found out that my name had a meaning, even though we made it up (happens a lot to me, btw). And when I started back on YouTube, I used the same name because I do the same thing on YouTube as I do in my career. Nothing has really changed. I would suggest trying to find a meaning to what you're going to name it and go from there. Your stories about how you came up with your username will become more interesting in the future if you know that your username has a meaning or a purpose. Like, find words that connect to what you do and piece it all together.