How did you get your audience?

SOIVIDZ

Reaction score
Have you just slowly been gaining an audience over time or was there one certain video that allowed you to blow up? Or maybe your friends and family have been giving you support too. I'm just curious as to how some of you have been getting success on YouTube. Personally on this channel it took us a long long time to get over 1k sub's.

Marseekuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I have 350 subscribers, so yeah, I'm a smaller Youtuber than you are ;) But I'll still answer this question :D Usually my subs are moving up very slowly, but there were times when I got like 40 subs in two hours (which is a lot for me, remember, I have 350 subs): these times were caused by collabs with my friend who is also a Youtuber but she has 4k subs and she is already known in my country :) So yeah, it's kinda sad, isn't it? :D

Reactions: SOIVIDZ

ProfessionalRik

Gaming Culture's Icon
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm pretty sure 90% of my audience actually comes from here. I don't share to friends or family, mainly due to a lack of interest.

Oh, except one time on reddit, I posted a philosophical video and got like a thousand views.

Reactions: OldNotDead

JackyPlus2

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I post my work on appropriate subreddits and discord channels that pertain to my genre, which is stupid animations.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
After about 6 months of uploading semi-regularly, one of my videos got suggested on a video on a really popular channel and I went from 100 subs to 1,000 over the course of 18 days. Since then, my growth has been from 500 to 2,000 subs per month.

ToysForKids

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
After about 6 months of uploading semi-regularly, one of my videos got suggested on a video on a really popular channel and I went from 100 subs to 1,000 over the course of 18 days. Since then, my growth has been from 500 to 2,000 subs per month.
Did this happen by accident or were you trying to make it happen?

Jutta

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I don't have a huge audience yet. I started making videos about 8 months ago and my audience hasn't changes since then; between 100 and 400 views per video... but at least some are watching which is fantastic.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Did this happen by accident or were you trying to make it happen?
It was a complete surprise to me. It is also what got me to start monetizing and I got about $1,000 that month. I was just uploading videos and then this channel with hundreds of thousands of subs put up a video that their audience had been waiting for it and it got millions of views in a short period of time. One of my videos was of a similar topic and I got a ton of traffic from it. I tried to replicate it several times with no success. Now I just do all fan requests, prioritizing the ones that get requested the most.

That video is still my best performing video each month, and it isn't even suggested on that popular video anymore.

Jutta

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It was a complete surprise to me. It is also what got me to start monetizing and I got about $1,000 that month. I was just uploading videos and then this channel with hundreds of thousands of subs put up a video that their audience had been waiting for it and it got millions of views in a short period of time. One of my videos was of a similar topic and I got a ton of traffic from it. I tried to replicate it several times with no success. Now I just do all fan requests, prioritizing the ones that get requested the most.

That video is still my best performing video each month, and it isn't even suggested on that popular video anymore.
Oh, wow, this is awesome.
A real success story!