How did you get introduced to youtube?

FinalAppeal

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just wondering, how did you guys get introduced to youtube, and who is the first youtuber you ever watched? Mine is ComedyShortsGamer.

Olivea-Sea

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This uber bad haha but I think the first time I started really checking someone out on YouTube weekly was trough ChrisCrocker :p with the 'Leave Britney Alone' video LOL I thought this dude was so weird and crazy so it was kinda my guilty pleasure to watch with popcorn and all!

Later on he actually became a decently interesting youtuber, I'm kinda sad he left because of all the YouTube drama :'(

and_the-teddy_bach

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Gosh. I can't remember the first YouTuber's I watched, but someone shared a link and I visited this page and I fell instantly in love with it, because I got already sick of all the traditional media.

MintApocalypse

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well one of the first videos I watched was a funny cat compilation a loooooong time ago, but I didn't really know about the whole YouTuber/subscriber thing until I accidentally found amazingphil, danisnotonfire, and tyler oakley in 2014 and thought it was so cool and fun.

DxpeMikes

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just wondering, how did you guys get introduced to youtube, and who is the first youtuber you ever watched? Mine is ComedyShortsGamer.
When I first started watching youtube, I would watch KSI, Syndicate and Ali-A. I was always being told by my friends to check out other youtubers so thats how I started watching other youtubers such as miniminter, zerkaa, vikkstar, goldglovetv, vanoss etc. But my favourite youtuber and inspiration would have to be tobijizzle.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Keepin mind that I spent most of the last 10 years without Internet except portable phone, which is mostly just email. In 2008 I was living in the deep mountains of Japan and I worked with someone from Indonesia (or something) and they told me how all they do is watch Indonesia movies on YouTube and don't watch Japanese tv , which is all I watched. So they showed me some real cheeseball movie with 2 sets of subtitles and it looked like a pirated 3rd gen vhs dump. Well after that I thought that was all YouTube, it was nothing but pirated third world movies and said to myself I'll never watch that, that's a bunch of junk. I get internet in 2014 finally and at the same time my new boss wants to use me to make PR videos for YouTube. Of course I told him the story and he laughed and said its not like that really. So I started making PR videos that went live in spring 15, but I disagreed on the direction they were going so I went on my own. Some videos I've done now were ideas the boss rejected. I don't have a favorite person because I didn't grow up with it. I look forward to the day I'm someone's favorite

SwaggerWolf

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I found Youtube through music videos, but the first "Youtuber" I ever watched was spinnernet1. He used to make wrestling videos and had a lot of subscribers (like 10,000), but then he deleted all the videos on his channel and stopped making videos for three years. However he recently started to make videos again.