How did you discover your brand/niche?

conceptual23

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have no idea what my direction is or what my brand/niche is. How did you discover yours?
I wouldn't say that I'd completely discovered my style and niche but Ive gotten this far by doing a couple things. Listen to subscriber feedback & trial and error.

Alexander Hoff

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I'm a huge fan of epic orchestral music (like Two Steps From Hell) and just orchestral music in general.

I've been making (and listening to alot of awesome) music for a few years now and it seems my niche is like
orchestral+epic+emotional+beautiful lol. I like big epic stuff, but I also love beautiful melodies.

So that's pretty much what I do now. Epic+beautiful.

Tamera O

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I went with what I love to do best and what my friends/family recognise me doing best and that was through encouragement/inspiration. You know what, branding comes fairly easy once you get a video or two consistently right. Find what you like to do/what makes you incredibly happy and what could you see yourself doing that would bring you joy and others.

Branding in particular I feel should have your own unique touch to it, give a little bit of your personality in there, let people know who you are when they click on your videos/channel.

Hope this helps!

SimeonTG

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It came naturally.
Have kids. They watch youtube. They wanted to try to make videos. I researched for a while. Thought a kids channel might be a viable pursuit. That's it.
Same here. I've wandering a while changing niches and it was recently that I've found my niche.

Commoncentsmike

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have no idea what my direction is or what my brand/niche is. How did you discover yours?
Mine was easy. I work with people and their money all day. It's CRAZY how people mismanage their money or they let some bank take advantage of them. So I keep working hard to save people money at work and then I started my channel to educate whoever wants to listen!

Sibernethy

Questin' for a Jestin'
Reaction score
Website
www.sibernethy.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I remember playing Gauntlet Dark Legacy and one of the coolest things about it is being able to play as a jester. That right there fits some core part of my personality. Funny, jovial, and never short of surprises.

Years later, I decided to adopt the jester as my Youtube persona! It's a perfect fit for what I do.

Pixel & Bracket

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
you know, finding the niche was easy because you just have to follow your passion. what are you doing when you procrastinate? that's your passion. but developing the brand, that took a lot of trial and error. i really had to dig deep and brainstorm a creative concept that was the epitome of everything my passion is. for me, that is using the left and right side of my brain to create content. alas, Pixel & Bracket.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think that following your passion is great advice but at the same time you need to make sure that other people have your passion too and that the playing field isn't too crowded. For example, if your passion is raising sea monkeys you probably aren't going to get a lot of views on a youtube channel about that topic because no one else really cares about it. On the other hand, if your passion is video games that is a very crowded topic and you are going to have to do something to set yourself apart from the rest of the crowd.

If you just want to entertain people then there is nothing wrong with that either but you may have a hard time getting noticed at first because people are generally searching for the specific topics you may be discussing.

Start off by thinking about the kinds of videos you like to watch. What is the overriding topic or theme of those videos.

What kind of people are you trying to attract to your channel and what are they looking for

Hope that helps a little.

BernieTheTree

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
I started, i flapped around and then landed in news and vloggy... 3 years of aimless wandering I guess lol