How did you choose your channel name?

Boki

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I simply named my channel after my Bible illustration project.
Very soon, however, I noticed that the focus has shifted (a series that I didn't originally plan became the most popular on the channel), but I decided to stick to the old name.

BuddyCrafted

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian, Commentator, Reviewer
The name BuddyCrafted came from my first minecraft server BuddyCraft. The motto was craft with your buddy! My original name for almost every site since 2013 was Coty134 which was my dogs name and address. But not im known as BuddyCrafted everywhere and I can craft my own content.

MedTerms

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Choosing a channel name took me some time, and a couple changes too. I finally went with something that reflected my own tendency when learning something new, to want people to get to the point fast.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My channel name is Get The Picture? I came up with the name cause I try to tell a story in every video about how you can improve your life or about many of the mistakes a lot of us makes in life. The video ends up in kind of a picture and that´s how I came up with my channel name:)

JDubTheGamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I chose mine because it's a nickname I've had since high school. I went to college without anyone I went to high school with, and people started calling me that on their own. Then at work, the same thing. The nickname JDub has always been a bit special to me.

Reactions: MedTerms

MedTerms

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I chose mine because it's a nickname I've had since high school. I went to college without anyone I went to high school with, and people started calling me that on their own. Then at work, the same thing. The nickname JDub has always been a bit special to me.
So you decided to embrace the nickname that seemed to be naturally yours - cool.

ProXima123

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Dude! I am the exact same way! It literally takes me days to pick out a new name for a given account, weather it's for a game tag, an Instagram name, etc. even that has been the case, for some weird reason it only took me a few hours at most to pick out my youtube name. No idea why! I chose the name. I chose the name ProXima, after the Proxima Centauri system which has multiple potential earth like planets like our Earth. Not only that, but it's the closest star system from ours!
That being said, I had multiple names in mind, but again, I have no idea why or how I chose my youtube name so fast.

Spence Bailey

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
I was going to name my Channel Brick Builder Snarf because I build LEGO sets and Snarf has been an online persona I've always used. I made my name a little more broad though with The Bailey Brood because I am sure I will occasionally upload a video that isn't directly related to LEGO and I want to have full disclosure on that and not through anyone for a loop.

Ricky Alv

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Put yourself in your shoes when you were a kid and think of your channel name ideas that way. Write all the ones that you have and let it process in your head.

Looped Fruit

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I took the words 'Fruit Loop' which means crazy person and switched the words around and made 'Loop' into 'Looped', getting 'Looped Fruit' .